How to Replace Your Green Card (Permanent Resident Card) In United States

Replace Your Green Card (Permanent Resident Card) In United States By Online

Online Begin your application by filling out the online application.

by mail

  1. Fill out fill out the the application. Fill in the form completely and precisely, paying particular attention to the required fields such as family name, address the date of birth, and signature.
  2. If you’d like to receive an electronic notification when USCIS accept your Form I-9 in the USCIS Lockbox facility, you must fill out Form G-1145, E-Notification for Application/Petition Acceptance , and attach it to the top of the first webpage of the application.
  3. Send an application at the address you want to send it:
    1. If you’re using U.S. Postal Service (USPS), apply to USCIS.
      P.O. Box 21262
      Phoenix, AZ 85036
    2. If you are using USPS Express Mail/Courier, send your application to:
      Attention: I-90
      1820 E. Skyharbor, Circle S Floor 1
      Suite 100

Required Documents For Replace Your Green Card

It is required to submit:

  • A copy of Form I-797 or Notice of Action, for the form that USCIS has approved to issue your Permanent Resident card. For instance Form I-485 or Form I-751 or Form I-829 or Form I-90.
  • A copy of a government-issued identification which includes your name, birth date as well as a photograph and signature.
  • If you’re filing Form I-90 due to the fact that the current Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) contains inaccuracy due to an Department of Homeland Security error for instance, the spelling of your name is incorrect or a misspelled name, you don’t have to pay a fee for filing.

In addition, you have to provide these documents:

  • The original card which has the incorrect data;
  • Documentation of your name’s accuracy or biographical details.

Office Locations and Contacts

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

For inquiries regarding immigration services and benefits provided by USCIS For questions regarding benefits and services offered by USCIS, please contact USCIS at National Customer Service Center:
1-800-375-5283 (toll-free)
1-800-767-1833 (TDD for those with hearing impairments)



You’ll have to request an alternative card in the circumstances:

  • Your previous credit card was stolen, damaged, lost, or stolen or destroyed
  • The card was issued when you were 14 years old and you are now 14th birthday (unless your card expires prior to the 16th birthday)
  • You’ve been a commuter before living within the United States
  • You are an permanent resident of the United States and are now being a commuter
  • Your status is automatically upgraded into permanent residency status (this applies to special Agricultural Worker applicants who are changing permanently resident status)
  • If you have an earlier version of your foreign registration certificate (e.g., USCIS Form AR-3, Form AR-103, or Form I-151, which are all no longer valid to show the status of your immigrants) and must be replaced with a new green card.
  • Your card may contain incorrect information.
  • The name of your card or other biographic data on the card has changed legally since the time you last received your card.
  • You have not received the card you had previously given to you by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)


The fee is $450 which includes a $365 application fee and a biometrics fee. There are a few exceptions; look up the table below under “ Special Instructions” for more details.


While some Permanent Resident Card are commonly referred to under the umbrella of Green Cards have no expiration date, they last for 10 years. If you’ve received conditional permanent residency status, your card will be valid for two years.

Documents to Utilize

I-90, Application to Renew permanent Resident Card – Forms and directions on how they are to be completed


You can apply for replacement online, or by filling out a application form, and sending it via mail.

Be aware that you cannot submit Form I-90 online if you are applying for a fee waiver. Form I-90 online if you want to apply for fee waiver.

Documentation is needed

The Permanent Resident Card (USCIS Form I-551) is document that proves that you are a permanent resident of the United States.

Here’s the procedure for how to substitute the U.S. green Card (Permanent Residence Card).

External Links

  • USCIS:




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here