How To Single Status Certificate / Certificate of No Impediment (Ledigkeitsbescheinigung) In Germany
- It is advised to adhere to the guidelines of certain authorities believe are important. Anyone who wants to marry abroad will require a special form of documentation. The first step is submit a statement that is processed by the local office where marriage certificates are prepared. It must come from the state in which you reside in Germany. This statement will be noted it is noted that there was been no marriage in the past few years.
- Because these kinds of documents are required for involvement in foreign countries, you requires a local or state-issued registrar’s account or declaration that is certified to work abroad.
- Visit the Civil Registry office where marriages are recorded.
- Make sure to submit the required documents.
- Fill out a form and then declare.
- Make the payment.
Documents that are required Single Status Certificate / Certificate of No Impediment
- Passport or National Identity Card.
- Address proof.
- If you divorced by Decree Absolute.
- If widowed or divorced, Death Certificate of your previous partner (and the Marriage Certificate).
- If the name of your family member has changed through Deed Poll the proof is required.
- The fee applicable.
Office Locations and Contacts
Standesamt Charlottenburg von BerlinAlt- Lietzow 28
Phone: 89 233 00
Borgfelder Str. 64
Phone: 40 428 54 0
Fax: 40 428 54 4937
Phone: 7221 93 2160
Fax: 7221 93 2168
Other Areas in Germany
Standesamt I Berlin
Phone: 30 90 207 0
Fax: 30 90 207 245
What Are All The Eligibility
To allow non-nationals to marry in a different country, you’ll most likely have to provide legally valid documentation from the country you are a citizen of which proves that you are single and you are able to marry. This is referred to as”Certificate Of No Impediment or ‘Certificate of Coutume’, ‘Certificate de Nulla Osta’, or a “Certificate of Freedom to Wed’.
Also, be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment might not be enough by itself to permit the marriage to occur in a foreign nation. It is possible that you will be required by foreign authorities to follow the followingrequirements, so please ensure you have enough time to process.
- Certificates could require translation.
- Certificates could require endorsement or exchanged for an locally acceptable certificate issued by the Embassy or Consulate in the country in which you plan to get married.
- Certificates might require to be legalized i.e. issued with the official stamp referred to by the name of an Apostille.
- Certificates can require witnesses to sign an Affidavit declaring that you are legally married and that the certificate is affixed.
- Full Name
- Number of ID or Passport
- Place of Birth and Date of Birth
- The signature of the individual who signs the declaration
- Signature of witnesses
The Document is required Single Status Certificate / Certificate of No Impediment
- The Single Status Certificate,, also known as No Marriage Affidavit Certificate of Freedom to marry or Certificate of Non Impediment is a swearing statement that states that you’re eligible to marry.
- Overseas marriage authorities typically require additional proof that the person is free to get married. This could be an admission in the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no evidence of the individual being married before or a single status certificate or “No Records Result”.
Information that can be useful
With a sworn statement, the applicant affirms that they are the person claims to be. It is a Single Status letter or an Affidavit that states that they can and are allowed to marry, and other things. Be aware that one aspect of The Single Status Affidavit is that is not a official document It is an affiant’s signature on a letter who has signed it in front of the notary public. A fascinating aspect about this kind documents is the fact that it has various names for it. Take a take a look at the following table: “Single Status Statutory Declaration” or”Single Status Statutory Declaration” or “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” or the “Single Status Certificate” or “Free-to-marry declaration”.
Other uses for the Document/Certificate
The couple who will be married must present the country of their citizenship or individual certificates of non impediment, or a the Certificate of Single Status or Sworn affidavit to prove they are indeed single and are eligible to marry. This is also known as an affirmation of single status or a negative declaration of marriage. The document is available by contacting the Bureau of Vital statistics in the city in which they reside.
Auswrtiges Amt – Federal Foreign Office
Official website of the government
If you plan to marry in a foreign country, you might require the Certificate of Non-Impiment. The document is available under a variety of names like Declaration of Non-Impediment for Marrying, Statutory Declaration of Single Status Affidavit of a Planned Marriage, Statement in lieu of Certificate of Non-Impediment for Marriage Abroad or Certificate de Coutume, a Certificate of Non Impediment and Certificate of Nulla Osta Certificate of Independence to Marry , or simply the right to get married.