How to Single Status Certificate In Belarus

 Single Status Certificate In Belarus By Online

It is recommended to follow the guidelines of certain authorities believe are essential. Couples who want to marry outside of the country will require a special form of documentation. In the beginning, couples need to sign a declaration which is processed by the local office where marriage certificates are issued. The declaration must originate from the state in which you reside in Belarus. In this declaration will be recorded that there was not any marriages in the last few time. Because these kinds of documents are needed to be used for foreign participation, one is required to have a local or state registrar’s account or declaration of authenticity for work in foreign countries.

  • Visit the Civil Registry office where marriages are recorded.
  • Bring in and sign the necessary documents.
  • Fill out a form and then declare.
  • Pay the amount.

Required Documents For Single Status Certificate

  • Passport or national identity card.
  • A proof of address.
  • If you divorce Decree Absolute.
  • If widowed or divorced, Death Certificate of your previous husband (and the Marriage Certificate).
  • In the event that your address has changed through Deed Poll you must provide proof.
  • The fee applicable.

Office Locations and Contacts

Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Belarus
Address: 10 Kollektornaya str. 220004 Minsk BELARUS
Telephone: +375-17-200-86-87, +375-17-200-97-55
Helpline: +375-17-306-37-30
Consulates and embassies websites

How to Single Status Certificate  In Belarus
How to Single Status Certificate In Belarus


To allow non-nationals to marry in a different country, you’ll most likely have to provide legally valid documentation from your home country to prove that you are single and that you are legally married. This is referred to as a ‘Certificate without Impediment and is also known as a ‘Certificate De Coutume’, ‘Certificate de Nulla Osta’, or a “Certificate for Freedom to Marry’.

Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage This is available through the area’s department of foreign affairs or from your Embassy in the country in the country where you’re getting married.

Certificate of Single Status / Sworn Statement that you can marry freely They are identical to the Certificate of Non Impediment However, instead, you need to prove that you are not married in front of an official.


In a sworn affidavit, the applicant affirms that they are the person claims to be. It is a Single Status letter or an Affidavit that states that they are eligible and allowed to marry, and other things. Keep in mind that a key characteristic of this Single Status Affidavit is that is not a document issued by the government but rather an affiant’s letter who has signed it in front of the notary public. A fascinating aspect about this kind documents is the fact that it has numerous names that are used for it. For instance, take a check out this listing: “Single Status Statutory Declaration” or”Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” or an “Single Status Certificate” or “Free-to-marry declaration”.

Requirements Information

  • Full Name
  • Number of ID or Passport
  • The place and date of birth
  • Nationality
  • Statement
  • Date
  • The signature of the individual who has declared
  • Signature of witnesses

The Document is required

The Single Status Certificate,, sometimes called the No Marriage Affidavit or Certificate of Freedom to Wed or Certificate of Non Impediment is a legally certified statement that confirms that you’re eligible to marry.

Overseas wedding authorities usually require additional proof that the person is eligible to get married. The evidence could include an affirmation of the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no evidence of the individual having previously been married, or a single status certificate or “No Records Result”.

Information that can be useful

Be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment could not be sufficient for the marriage to occur in a different country. You could be required by foreign authorities to follow the followingrequirements, so please make sure you give enough time to process.

  • Certificates could require translation.
  • Certificates might require endorsement or exchanged with a locally acceptable certificate issued by your Consulate or Embassy in the country in which you are planning to marry.
  • Certificates might require legalization i.e. issued with an official stamp, also known in the field of Apostille.
  • Certificates could require that witnesses sign an Affidavit affirming that you’re legally married and that the certificate is affixed.

Other uses for the document/certificate

Overseas marriage authorities typically require further proof that the couple is able to get married. This could be an affirmation of the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no evidence of the couple having previously been married, or a single status certificate or “No Records Result”.

External Links

Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Belarus

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Belarus

Belarus Government Official website

Sites that link to the Official Belarusian Websites



The duties and responsibilities of the Department:

  • supervisory notaries within the Republic of Belarus;
  • Controlling the activities of authorized officers and notaries of local administrative and executive authorities, and for the registration of civil status of the acts
  • general and systematic guidance on the registration of civil status acts;
  • Insuring the control of the justice departments and regional executive committees (Minsk State Executive Committee) and state notary offices, departmental archives for notarial;
  • confirmation of the right to use a notary; issuance of licenses for private notarial services;
  • Controlling the activities of private notaries.
  • the running registers of state notary’s offices, notarial bureau;
  • Apostille official documents that have been withdrawn from courts public institutions Center for criminalology and forensic examinations from the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Belarus, Republican arbitration of labor departments of justice from the regional executive committees Minsk State Executive Committee, departmental archives for notarial, notaries and the preparation of these documents to legalize consular relations.

Leave a Comment