How to Single Status Certificate In Israel

Single Status Certificate In Israel By Online

It is recommended to follow the guidelines of certain authorities consider important. Couples who want to marry outside of the country require special documents. The first step is submit a statement that is processed by the local office where marriage papers are issued. It must come from the state in which you reside in Israel. In this declaration will be noted as evidence that it was not been a marriage in the past few years.

Because these kinds of documents are required to be used for foreign participation, one is required to have a local or state-issued registrar’s account or declaration that is certified to work abroad.

  • Visit the Civil Registry office where marriages are recorded.
  • Bring in and sign the necessary documents.
  • Fill out a form and then declare.
  • Make the payment.

Required Documents For Single Status Certificate

  • Passport or National Identity Card.
  • Address proof.
  • If you divorce Decree Absolute.
  • If widowed, death certificate of the previous partner (and the Marriage Certificate).
  • In the event that your address has changed through Deed Poll the proof is required.
  • The applicable fee.

Office Locations and Contacts

Interior Ministry Contacts

Israeli Missions Worldwide


To allow non-nationals to marry in a different country, you’ll most likely need to present legally valid documentation from the country where you have citizenship to prove that you are single and that you are able to marry. This is referred to as a “Certificate of No Impediment or ‘Certificate of Coutume’, ‘Certificate de Nulla Osta’, or a “Certificate of Freedom to Wed’.


  • In a sworn affidavit, the applicant affirms that they are the person the claim they are. It is a Single Status letter or Affidavit that declares that they are eligible and permitted to marry, and other things. Keep in mind that a key aspect of this Single Status Affidavit, is that it is not a official document but rather an affidavit from the person who signed it that was signed before the notary public. One interesting aspect of this kind documents is the fact that it has numerous names that are used for it. Take a check out this listing: “Single Status Statutory Declaration” or”Single Status Statutory Declaration “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” or an “Single Status Certificate” or “Free-to-marry declaration”.
  • Certificate of no impediment for the marriage
  • You can get this information by contacting the area’s department of foreign affairs, or from your Embassy in the country in the country where you’re planning to get married.
  • Certificate of Single Status/Sworn Affidavit stating that you are not in a position to get married.
  • They are like a Certificate of No Impediment however, you need to prove that you are a single person before a legal representative.

Requirements Information

  • Full Name
  • Identification number or passport
  • The place and date of birth
  • Nationality
  • Statement
  • Date
  • Signed by the one who has declared
  • Signature of witnesses

The Document is required

  • An Single Status Certification, also known as the No Marriage Affidavit or Certificate of Freedom to Wed or Certificate of Non Impediment is a sworn declaration that states you are able to marry.
  • Overseas wedding authorities usually require further proof that the couple is able to get married. The evidence could include an affirmation in the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no record of the couple having previously been married, or a single status certificate or “No Records Result”.

Information that can be useful

Be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment might not be enough for an event to be held in a foreign nation. You could be required by foreign authorities to adhere to the followingrequirements, so please make sure you give enough time to process.

  • Certificates could require translation.
  • Certificates might require endorsement or exchanged with a local version that is approved by your Consulate or Embassy in the country in which you plan to get married.
  • Certificates could require to be legalized i.e. authentically stamped, also known by the name of an Apostille.
  • Certificates could require witnesses sign an Affidavit declaring that you are allowed to marry and it is attached to the.

Other uses for the Document/Certificate

It is essential that the Bride & Groom to be married must present the country of their citizenship and individual Certificates of Non impediment or Certificates of Single Status/Sworn affidavit to prove they are indeed single and are eligible to marry. This is also referred to as an affidavit of single-status or a negative marriage statement. The document is available from the Bureau of Vital statistics in the city where they live.

External Links

Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Israel Government Portal


  • If you’re planning to get married in a different country, you could require an official Certificate of Non-Impediment. The document is available under a variety of names, including Declaration of Non-Impediment for Marrying, Statutory Declaration of Single Status Affidavit of a Planned marriage, Statement In-Lieu Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage in another country or Certificate de Coutume, a Certificate of Non Impediment or Certificate of Nulla Osta Certificate of Independence to marry or simply, you are you are free to get married.
  • The certificates differ in terms of how long they have validity for, which could only be only a couple of months. Certain countries require that certificates are not more than two or three months prior to the date that you get married. It is therefore important to research the requirements that are applicable to your situation and pay consideration to timeframes when applying for the Certificate with No Impediment.




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here