How to Single Status Certificate In Italy

Single Status Certificate In Italy By Online

It is recommended to follow the guidelines of certain authorities believe are essential. Couples who want to marry outside of the country will require a special form of documentation. In the beginning, couples need to sign a declaration which is processed by the local marriage office in which marriage certificates are issued. The declaration must originate from the state in which you reside in Italy. On this form will be noted as a fact was no marriage occurred in the last few years.

Because these kinds of documents are required to be used for foreign participation, one is required to have a local or state-issued registrar’s account or declaration that is certified to work abroad.

  • Visit the Civil Registry office where marriages are recorded.
  • Bring in and sign the necessary documents.
  • Fill out a form and then declare.
  • Pay the amount.

Required Documents For Single Status Certificate

  • Passport or National Identity Card.
  • Address proof.
  • If you divorced or divorced, Decree Absolute.
  • If widowed, death certificate of the previous husband (and marriage certificate).
  • If the name of your family member has changed through Deed Poll the proof is required.
  • The applicable fee.

Office Locations and Contacts

Ministero dell’InternoHomePiazza del Viminale n. 1 – 00184 Roma
TelefonoCentralino tel. 064651
41.899721690058364, 12.494035363197326

Wedding Booking Office Marriage Publications
Via della Consolata 23, 10122 Torino Scale sn. 1st floor accessible to wheelchairs with entry via Via Giulio 22.
Hours: Monday through Thursday, from 8.15 am until 15.00 hours on Fridays from 8:15-13:50
Telephone +39,011,442 5554/5324/5015/5609 +39,011,442
Office of Publications Minutes of Marriage
Uff.2 Tel – 011 442 5323; Uff.3 – 011 442 5195; Uff.4 – 011 442 5600

Office for Civil Weddings in Italy
TEL 011 4425467, 5040.5187

Office civil marriages outside Turin
Phone 0114425012,5185,5013,5457,5186

Office-based religious weddings in Turin
Phone 0114425012,5185,5013,5457,5186

Office-based religious weddings outside Turin
Tel. 011 4425012, 5153,5422, 514,5423

Tribunale Civile di Roma
The Office of “Atti Notori”
Viale Giulio Cesare 54/B
1st Floor, Room 86 T +39 063577296
The hours of operation:
Morning: Monday through Friday: 9:00 to 13.00
Afternoon Evening: Thursday 15:00 pm to 16:20

Italian Embassies or Consulates Abroad

Diplomatic Network


For non-nationals who wish to get married in a foreign country, you’ll most likely need to present documents from your home country to prove that you are single and that you are able to marry. This is referred to as a “Certificate of No Impediment and is also known as a ‘Certificate De Coutume’ or ‘Certificate Of Nulla Osta’, or a “Certificate for Freedom to Marry’.


Be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment could not be sufficient for the marriage to occur in a foreign nation. It could be necessary for the authorities in your country to adhere to the followingrequirements, so please make sure you give enough time to process.

  • Certificates could require translation.
  • Certificates might require endorsement or exchanged for an local version that is approved by your Consulate or Embassy in the country you plan to get married.
  • Certificates might require legalization i.e. authentically stamped, also known by the name of an Apostille.
  • Certificates could require that witnesses sign an Affidavit declaring that you are allowed to marry and the certificate is affixed.

The Information You Need

  • Full Name
  • Number of ID or Passport
  • The place and date of birth
  • Nationality
  • Statement
  • Date
  • Signed by the one who has declared
  • Signature of witnesses

Need to have the Document

  • A single status certification confirms that the legal single person or more specifically, it proves that a person is not married or divorced, widowed or divorced.
  • An Single Status Certification, also called the No Marriage Affidavit or Certificate of Freedom to Wed or Certificate of Non Impediment is a legally swearing statement that states that you’re eligible to marry.
  • Overseas marriage authorities typically require additional proof that the couple is able to get married. This could be an affirmation in the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no evidence of the individual being married previously or a single status certificate or “No Records Result”.

Information that can be useful

  • In a sworn affidavit, the applicant affirms that they are the person the claim they are. It is a Single Status letter or Affidavit that states that they are eligible and permitted to marry, in addition to other things. Keep in mind that a key characteristic of The Single Status Affidavit is that is not a document issued by the government It is an affiant’s signature on a letter that was signed before the notary public. One interesting aspect of this kind of paper is that it has various names for it. Take a check out this table: “Single Status Statutory Declaration” or”Single Status Statutory Declaration” or “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” or an “Single Status Certificate” or “Free-to-marry declaration”.
  • Certificate of no impediment for marriage
  • It is available by contacting the department responsible for foreign affairs, or the Embassy in the country in the country where you’re planning to get married.
  • Certificate of Single Status/Sworn Affidavit stating that you are not in a position to get married.
  • They are like the Certificate of no Impediment however, you need to prove that you are a single person before a legally authorized representative.

Other uses for the Document/Certificate

A Bride & Groom to be married should provide, the country of their citizenship and individual Certificates of Non impediment or Certificates of Single Status/Sworn Affidavit to prove that they are indeed single and are eligible to marry. This is also referred to as an affidavit for single status or a negative marriage statement. The form can be found from the Bureau of Vital statistics in the city where they live.

External Links

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Italy

Interior Ministry of Italy

Registration as well as Marital Status


  • If you’re planning to get married in a different country, you might require the Certificate of Non-Impediment. The document is available under a variety of names, including Declaration of Non-Impediment for Marrying, Statutory Declaration of Single Status Affidavit of Intentional marriage, Statement In-Lieu Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage in another country or Certificate de Coutume, a Certificate of Non Impediment or Certificate of Nulla Obsta, Certificate of Independence to marry or simply free to marry.
  • These certificates are different in terms of how long they have validity for, which may only be only a couple of months. Certain countries require certificates to be not more than two or three months prior to the date that you get married. So, it is crucial to verify the requirements that are applicable to your situation and pay special consideration to timeframes when applying for the Certificate with No Impediment.



Leave a Comment