How to Single Status Certificate In Marshall Islands

Single Status Certificate In Marshall Islands By Online

It is recommended to adhere to the guidelines of certain authorities believe are essential. Couples who want to marry outside of the country require special documents. The first step is to sign a declaration that is processed by the local office, where marriage certificates are prepared. It must come from the state in which you reside on the Marshall Islands. In this declaration will be noted the truth that there did not been a wedding in the last few years.

Because these kinds of documents are required to be used for foreign participation, one requires a local or state-issued registrar’s account or declaration that is certified to work abroad.

  • Visit the Civil Registry office where marriages are recorded.
  • Make sure to submit the required documents.
  • Fill out a declaration form and sign it.
  • Make the payment. 

Required Documents For Single Status Certificate

  • Passport or National Identity Card.
  • Address proof.
  • If you divorced or divorced, Decree Absolute.
  • If widowed or divorced, Death Certificate of the previous husband (and the Marriage Certificate).
  • In the event that your address has changed through Deed Poll the proof is required.
  • The applicable fee.

Office Locations and Contacts

OfficePO Box 546 for Registrars
Majuro, Marshall Islands 96960

Ministry Of Foreign Affairs
P.O. Box 1349-Republic of the Marshall Islands
Majuro, Marshall Islands 96960
RMI Mission Contact List, EMbassies in RMI and Consulate in RMI.pdf

How to Single Status Certificate In Marshall Islands
How to Single Status Certificate In Marshall Islands

Marshall Islands Business Directory
Phone Directory Marshall Islands
A list of the diplomatic representations of the Marshall Islands. Marshall Islands


For non-nationals who wish to get married in a foreign country, you’ll most likely have to provide legally valid documentation from the country where you have citizenship which proves that you are single and you are able to marry. This is referred to as a ‘Certificate without Impediment or ‘Certificate of Coutume’ or ‘Certificate Of Nulla Osta’ or “Certificate of Freedom to Wed’.


Be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment might not be enough for an event to be held in a foreign nation. It is possible that you will be required by foreign authorities to follow these requirements, so ensure you have enough time to process.

  • Certificates might require translation.
  • Certificates might require endorsement or exchanged with a locally acceptable copy issued by your Consulate or Embassy in the country in which you are planning to marry.
  • Certificates might require to be legalized i.e. authentically stamped, also known in the field of Apostille.
  • Certificates could require witnesses sign an Affidavit affirming that you’re allowed to marry and the certificate is affixed.

Requirements Information

  • Full Name
  • Number of ID or Passport
  • The place and date of birth
  • Nationality
  • Statement
  • Date
  • The signature of the individual who signs the declaration
  • Signature of witnesses

Documentation is needed

An Single Status Certification, also known as No Marriage Affidavit Certificate of Freedom to marry or Certificate of no Impediment is a swearing statement that states that you are able to marry.

Overseas wedding authorities usually require additional evidence to prove that the couple is able to get married. This could be an affirmation of the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no evidence of the individual being married before or a single status certificate or “No Records Results”.

Information that can be useful

With a sworn statement, the applicant affirms that they are the person the claim they are. It is a Single Status letter or Affidavit that declares that they are eligible and allowed to marry, in addition to other things. Be aware that one characteristic of this Single Status Affidavit is that is not a document issued by the government It is an affiant’s letter who has signed it in front of an official notary public. A fascinating aspect about this kind of paper is that it has various names for it. For instance, take a check out this table: “Single Status Statutory Declaration” or”Single Status Statutory Declaration” or “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” or the “Single Status Certificate” or “Free-to-marry declaration”.

Other uses for the document/certificate

A Bride & Groom to be married should provide, from their country of citizenship and individual Certificates of Non impediment, or Certificate of Single Status/Sworn affidavit to prove that they are married and single. This is also known as an affidavit of single-status or a negative declaration of marriage. The document is available from the Bureau of Vital statistics in their town where they reside.

External Links

Government Marshall Islands Marshall Islands

A list of the diplomatic representations of the Marshall Islands. Marshall Islands

office of the President


Certificate of no impediment for the marriage

You can get this information by contacting the regional department for foreign affairs or the Embassy in the country where you’re getting married.

Certificate of Single Status/Sworn Affidavit stating that you are not in a position to get married.

They’re similar to a certificate of No Impediment however, you must swear that you are a single person before a legally authorized representative.

These certificates are different in terms of the time they’re valid for and can, in some cases, only be just a couple of months. Certain countries require that certificates are not older than two or three months prior to the date that you get married. So, it is crucial to research the requirements that will apply to your particular situation and pay special consideration to timeframes when applying for the Certificate with No Impediment.




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here