How to Updating Marriage Or Divorce Records In Malaysia

Updating Marriage Or Divorce Records In Malaysia By Online

  • Contact the authority concerned personally. It is also possible to submit the application submitted via post.
  • The application form must be filled in with the entire information.
  • Make sure you have all the documents required.
  • Pay the fee as prescribed.

Required Documents For Updating Marriage Or Divorce Records

  • MyKad
  • Original passport
  • A copy of the marriage certificate
  • Original decree Nisi Absolute (divorced declaration of divorce) or a certified copy signed by the court or relevant court electronically filing.

Photocopies are only required for applications made by post.

Office Locations and Contacts

National Registration Department Malaysia
Ministry of Home Affairs
No.20 Precinct 2
Federal Government Administrative Centre
62551 Federal Territory of Putrajaya
Telephone (1MOCC) 03-8000 0800
Fax 03-8880-8288
Below is an external link to the following
NRD Branch
State Director’s contact details
Headquarters Management


  • Requestors are advised to make copies of the decree nusi absolute (divorced certificate) for use in the future for personal use.
  • Non-Muslims Malaysian who had registered their marriage in accordance with rules of different country and then re-registered through Malaysian Government Malaysian Government (NRD or Malaysian Representative Office) afterwards when divorced in a another country, an decision from an Malaysian High Court is required to signify the divorce before it is registered with NRD.

The Document is required

This page provides details on how you can update your the marriage or divorce record in Malaysia.



Leave a Comment