I’ve been to most interviews with semiconductor companies and I’m writing this answer based on what I learned. It is my hope that it will be of some help to you.
Each topic in digital electronics is interconnected.
It is not possible to design a circuit from a state diagram if you don’t understand sequential circuits.
- state diagram for different sequence detector
- Circuit design for frequency division by 1/3, 2/5, etc
- Different input and output frequencies have different FIFO depths
- Difference between flip flop and latch
- Little endian, big endian
- Multiplexer design D latch and D flipflop
- All logic gates can be designed using multiplexes.
- Why do we prefer 2s complement over 1s complement.
- Use universal gates to design x-or or xnor
- Design NAND gate with AND gate (well, you’re right …!!)).
- why do we use gray codes?
- why do we use weighted codes?
- Mantisa or exponent?
- The most important timing analysis, namely setup time and hold-time analysis.