How To Apply for Category A Driver License (Motorcycle) In Guadeloupe
- You must sign up to take the test in order to get an endorsement through an instructor at your school for driving or submit an application in the Licensing Office of your Prefecture (place of the residence).
- The application must be submitted with your identity, two recent passport pictures and any other documents required.
- The Theory Exam: In the event that you have held another category of license for less than five years, you will first take and pass a theoretical test. You must at a minimum, answer 35 of the questions right from 40. The results will be delivered to you by mail or by email on the day you passed the test.
- Praxis Test The other test you have to pass to gain an driver’s license is a practical driving test. Before you begin the test the test inspector will verify your identity first, and check if you’ve got all the necessary equipment (safety helmet glove, jacket, pants or suit, and ankle boot).
- Results: The examiner will not directly inform you of the results of the exam. You will have to look up the results on the internet (Road Security Website) and it will be available within 48 hours of taking the test. Things to do once you’ve seen your results:
- If you are successful: To able to drive in the meantime you wait for your licence, you are able to download your exam certification (certificat exam du permis de conduire – CEPC) on the Road Safety Website.
- If you fail: You may take the test again, five times over the maximum time of 5 years. You must wait seven days before you are able to retake the test.
- The process of obtaining a license You’ll need to inquire at your local driving academy about how you can obtain a permit given to you, regardless of whether they are the ones seeking the license or you.
Receiving your license
The license will be delivered to you by mail to your address.
- If you’re not in the area when the postman hands you your license, you will have 15 days to collect your license from the Post Office. After that time the license is given back at the Issuing Office and you will require the prefecture to ask whether you are eligible to claim your license.
- To track the distribution and production for your licence, make use of the teleservice provided in the National Agency of secure documents (ANTS). You can also obtain information via a call ANTS.
Documents that are required Category A Driver License (Motorcycle)
- Forms for application that have been completed
- Valid ID
- 2 recent passport photos
- If you’re French and are under 25 years old, you must present a Copy of the document of participation in la journe dfense et citizennet (JDC or JAPD) or an interim certificate in case of invitation or an exemption certificate.
- For applicants from overseas you must provide proof of your residence within France in France for at minimum six months (payroll rental receipt, pay cheque, etc.)
Office Locations and Contacts
Prefecture of Guadeloupe Prefecture of Guadeloupe Driving Licence Service
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Agence nationale des titres scuriss (ANTS)
Contact with ANTS:
- To find out more about the status of your license, please contact us.
- To determine whether your driver’s license is in good condition after you have passed the test or after you’ve submitted an application to renew your license or a duplicate
Call 0810 901 041 (cost of calling local from an landline)
Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. also on Saturdays, 8h to 17h
Prfecture de la Guadeloupe
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Fax: +33 5 90 81 58 32
The Office hours:
Mondays from 8:00 until 15:00
Tuesdays from 8:00 to 15:00
Wednesdays, from 8:00 to 12:15
Thursday , from 8:00 until 15:00
Fridays from 8:00 to 12:01
What Are All The Eligibility
Age Requirement: at least 24 years old
In the event that you were born before 1987 and are seeking an license for the first time, it is necessary that you need to be able to show the road safety certificate that was issued by the school you attend (l’attestation scolaire de scurit routire ASSR) (or road safety certification (l’attestation de scurit routire ASR).
- If you’re French and you are younger than 25 years old You need to comply according to the requirements of the census.
- Foreigners must have been living within France in France for at most six months and possess an active residence permit.
Health In the event that you suffer from an illness and you are concerned about your health, you should undergo an exam conducted by a doctor authorized from the prefect.
In many regions applicants are required to pay an additional tax for each region. How much tax you pay is contingent on the location in which you’re applying for your license.
A Category A driving licence has a validity of 15 years from the date it was issued. The validity of the license is stated on the license.
Documents to Utilize
To obtain the motorcycle license applicants must have reached the age limit, and have passed the tests required.
The Document is required Category A Driver License (Motorcycle)
- A driving permit is an official document that states that an individual is able to operate any motorized vehicle like a motorcycle or truck, car or a bus on public roads. The document is also used as a proof of identification and evidence of the age of the driver.
- The following is a guideline on how to apply for a license for motorcycles (category A) in Guadeloupe. This license permits you to operate all kinds of motorcycles, with or with or without sidecars or 3-wheel vehicles, regardless of what their horsepower is.
- Note Take note that in France the maximum power of motorcycles is set at 100 horsepower (73.6 Kilowatts).