How To Change Your Name (Deed Poll) In Guinea-Bissau
- Get all the necessary documents when making an application for a change in name.
- Send in your application with the other required documents.
- If the new name or surname is approved and accepted, you can proceed with registration of the new surname.
Documents that are required Change Your Name (Deed Poll)
- Certificate of criminal record
- Demand addressed at the Ministry of Justice
- The application should be addressed to the Registrar.
- Identification Card (original and photocopie)
Office Locations and Contacts
What Are All The Eligibility
People change their names due to many reasons. Perhaps you’d like to alter your spelling and you don’t like the name that your parents used to give you, you’d like to remove that middle name are looking to eliminate any family affiliations or perhaps you simply would like to make a change. It is legal to change your name to your first and middle name or surname or any combination thereof.
Typically, you are able to legally change your identity to any name you’d like to. There are a few exceptions, however:
- You shouldn’t change your name in order to avoid debt or cover yourself from criminal responsibility.
- You cannot change your name to commit an offense.
- You shouldn’t alter your name to deceive. This typically involves using the name of someone famous. The courts generally don’t allow this, unless there is an argument that proves not connected to the celebrity or the use of their name.
- It’s not possible to pick a name that is confusing because it has punctuation marks or numerals. But, certain courts have allowed individuals to spell out numbers, such as “Seven” rather than “7”.
- It is not possible to choose names that could be intimidating or offend anyone, or be considered inappropriate.
- It is impossible to select a racial insult.
The Information You Need
- Your name is listed on the birth certificate or on documents of citizenship or immigration.
- The full name you’re applying to change (if you’re switching your names).
- Birth date and location
- Marital status and information
- The places of residence for the past three months
- Address for correspondence
The Document is required Change Your Name (Deed Poll)
- If you use or are planning to use an alternative name to the name you registered there are no laws that require to change your name in a formal manner. However, it is advised to change your name in a formal manner to be able to identify yourself and to prove the name change.
- Name change is generally the legal action of the person who is adopting an identity that is different from the name they had at birth or marriage. The process and procedure for the name change differs in different areas.
Information that can be useful
- The method you use for changing your name will be contingent on which category you fall into. The process of changing your name after divorce or marriage is an easy process, whereas changing your name just because’ takes a bit more effort, however it isn’t difficult and much easier than it was in the past.
- If you want to alter your identity, you must submit an application to your area Superior Court that details the reasons why you’d like to change your name. Once the court has approved the petition, you’ll be required to update you Social Security card, driver’s license, and passport.
Other uses for the document/certificate
You might want you to alter your name based on:
- You just got married
- You’ve been divorced
- Just want to change your mind
- If adoption is the case,
- Most important you can do in order to legally change you name legally is begin using the new name. Introduce yourself under your name change, complete applications and forms with the new address, and tell your family members and friends to speak to you under your new name. Also, inform your school or employer of your new name.
- If you want to use an alternative name, you may alter your identity at any point provided that you do not intend to deceive , or fraudulently defraud someone else. There is no legal process that you must follow to change your name. Simply start using that new name. You can alter your first name or surname, or add names, or alter your names.
- While there isn’t a legal method to change a name, you may need proof that you switched your names. But, you are not able to alter information that appear on birth records only in certain situations.
- If you decide to switch your names you are able to use your new name for any purpose including publishing marriage bans, legal proceedings , and applying for, or altering the information on a driver’s license or passport.