How To Apply for Category A1 Driver License (Light Motorcycle) In Guadeloupe
- You must sign up to take the test to be able to get an official license at the driving instructor or by submitting an application with the Licensing Office of your Prefecture (place of your residence).
- Your application should be submitted with your identity, two recent passport pictures and other documents required.
- Theorie Test In the event that you have held another category of license for less than five years, you first pass and pass a theoretical test. It is required that you at least score 35 of the questions right from 40. Results will reach you via mail or email the day after you take the test.
- Praxis Test A different test that you have to pass in order to receive an official driver’s license. It is the driving test that you will take in practice. Before the test starts the test inspector will verify your identity first, and check if you’ve got all the equipment required (safety helmet glove, gloves, jacket and pants or suit, and ankle boot).
- Results: The examiner will not directly inform you of the result of the exam. You will have to look up the results on the internet (Road Security Website) that will be accessible within 48 hours after taking the test. What to do once you’ve seen the results:
- If you pass: To able to drive in the meantime you wait to get your permit, download your exam certification (certificat exam du permis of driving – CEPC) via the Road Safety Website
- If you fail: You may take the test over five times over the maximum time of 5 years. You must wait seven days before you are able to retake the test.
- How to get a license: You’ll need to inquire at your local driving academy on how you can have a license given to you, regardless of whether they are the ones seeking the license or you.
Receiving your license
- The license will be sent to you via post to your address.
- If you’re out when the postal worker delivers the license, you are given 15 days to pick up your license from the Post Office. After that the license is delivered at the Issuing Office and you will require the prefecture to ask about the process for claiming your license.
- To check the distribution and production for your licence, make use of the teleservice provided in the National Agency of secure documents (ANTS). You can also obtain information through a phone call to ANTS.
Documents Required Category A1 Driver License (Light Motorcycle)
- Application forms that are completed
- Valid ID
- 2 recent passport photos
- If you’re French and are under 25 years old, you must present a the document of participation in la journe Dfense and Citizennet (JDC or JAPD) or an interim certificate in case of invitation or the certificate of exemption.
- For applicants from overseas the proof of your residency at France to the extent of six months (payroll rental receipt, pay cheque, etc.)
Office Locations and Contacts
Prefecture of Guadeloupe Prefecture of Guadeloupe Driving Licence Service
Physical address:rue Lacav
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Agence nationale des titres scuriss (ANTS)
Contact the ANTS:
- To find out more about the status of your license, please contact us.
- To determine whether your driver’s license is valid after you have passed the test or after you’ve submitted an application to renew your license or a duplicate
To call 0810 901 041 (cost of local calls from an landline)
Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. also on Saturdays, 8h until 17h
Prfecture de la Guadeloupe
Address of physical address
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Fax: +33 5 90 81 58 32
Time of Office:
Mondays from 8:00 until 15:00
Tuesdays from 8:00 to 15:00
Wednesdays from 8:00 until 12:15
Thursdays from 8:00 to 15:00
Fridays from 8:00 to 12:01
What Are All The Eligibility
Age Requirement: at least 16 years old
If your birth date was prior to 1987 and are seeking an license for the first time in your life, then you need to have an official road safety certificate from the school you attend (l’attestation scolaire de scurit routire ASSR) (or road safety certification (l’attestation de scurit routire ASR).
- If you’re French and you are younger than 25 years old You have to be in compliance in accordance with the requirements of the census.
- Foreigners must have been living within France in France for at most six months and possess valid residence permits.
Health In the event that you suffer from an issue with your health that requires an examination by a doctor who has been who is approved by the prefect.
In a lot of areas applicants must pay taxes for the region. How much tax is contingent on the location in which you’re applying for your license.
An category A1 licence to drive is valid for 15 year after the date of issue.
Documents to Utilize
To be granted an driver’s license applicants must meet requirements for the age of minimum and passed the requirements for the test.
The Document is required Category A1 Driver License (Light Motorcycle)
- Driving licenses are an official document that states that one is allowed to drive any motorized vehicle for example, a motorbike or truck, car or a bus on a roadway that is public. The document is also used as a proof of identification and evidence of the age of the driver.
- The following is a guideline on how to apply for an A1 Driver’s Licence (for lighter motorcycles) within Guadeloupe. A Category A1 license lets you ride a motorcycle that is light (with or without a sidecar) or a 3-wheel motor that has a maximum power that is 15kW.