How To Apply for Category A2 Driver License (Intermediate Power Motorcycle) In Guadeloupe
- You need to register for the test in order to get the license at an instructor at your school for driving or by submitting an application in the Licensing Office of your Prefecture (place of the residence).
- Your application should be submitted with your ID, 2 recent passport pictures and any other documents required.
- The Theory Exam: In the event that you have held another category of license for less than five years, you will first pass and pass a theoretical test. It is required that you at least score 35 correct answers in 40. Your results are delivered to you by post or email the day you passed the test.
- Practice Test A different test that you have to pass to be able to get an official driver’s license. It is the driving test that you will take in practice. Before the test starts the test inspector will check your identity, then check if you’ve got all the equipment required (safety helmet glove, gloves, jacket and pants, suit, and ankle boot).
- Results: The inspector won’t immediately give you the results of your test, so you must check the results on the internet (Road Safety website) and it will be available within 48 hours of taking the test. What to do once you’ve seen the results:
- If you pass: To able to drive while waiting to get your permit, you are able to download your exam certification (certificat of examination du permit of driving – CEPC) on the Road Safety Website.
- If you fail: You may take the test again 5 times in the maximum time of 5 years. It is necessary to wait seven days before retaking the test.
- The process of obtaining a license You’ll need to inquire at your local driving academy about how you can have a license given to you, regardless of whether they will be the ones who is applying for the process or you.
Receiving your license
- The license will be delivered to you by mail to your address at home.
- If you’re not in the area when the postal worker delivers your license, you will have 15 days to collect your license from the Post Office. After that the license will be given back at the Issuing Office and you will have to contact the prefecture in order to find out about the process for claiming your license.
- To check the distribution and production for your licence, utilize the teleservice that was set up in the National Agency of secure documents (ANTS). You can also obtain information through a phone call to ANTS.
Documents Required Category A2 Driver License (Intermediate Power Motorcycle)
- Forms for application that have been completed
- Valid identity
- 2 recent passport photos
- If you’re French and you are not over 25 years of age, Copy of the document of participation to la journe Dfense and Citizennet (JDC or JAPD) or an interim certificate of participation pending invitation or a an exemption certificate.
- For applicants from overseas the proof of your residency within France to the extent of six months (payroll rental receipt, pay cheque, etc.)
Office Locations and Contacts
Prefecture of Guadeloupe Prefecture of Guadeloupe Driving Licence Service
Physical address:rue Lacav
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Agence nationale des titres scuriss (ANTS)
Contact with ANTS:
- For more information on the validity of your license, please contact us.
- Check to see whether your driver’s permit is valid after passing the test or after you’ve submitted an application to renew your license or a duplicate
To call 0810 901 041 (cost of local calls from an landline)
Monday through Friday, from 7:45 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. as well on weekends from 8h till 17h
Prfecture de la Guadeloupe
Address of physical address
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Fax: +33 5 90 81 58 32
The Office hours:
Mondays, from 8:00 to 15:00
Tuesday , from 8:00 until 15:00
Wednesdays, from 8:00 to 12 noon
Thursdays from 8:00 to 15:00
Friday , from 8:00 until 12:01
What Are All The Eligibility
Age Requirement: at least 18 years old
In the event that you were born before 1987 and are seeking an license for the first time in your life, then you need to have an official road safety certificate that was issued by your institution (l’attestation scolaire de scurit routire ASSR) as well as a road security certification (l’attestation de scurit routire ASR).
- If you’re French and you are younger than 25 years of age You need to comply in accordance with the requirements of the census.
- Foreigners must have been living within France during at minimum six months and possess an active residence permit.
Health In the event that you suffer from an issue with your health that requires an examination by a physician who is approved from the Prefect.
In a lot of areas applicants must pay taxes for the region. How much tax is contingent on the area in which you’re obtaining your license.
An category A2 licence to drive is valid for 15 year from the date it was issued.
Documents to Utilize
To obtain an driver’s license applicants must meet the minimum age requirement and have passed all mandatory tests.
The Document is required Category A2 Driver License (Intermediate Power Motorcycle)
- Driving licenses are an official document that confirms that one is allowed to drive any motorized vehicle like a motorcycle or car, truck, or a bus on public roads. The document is also used as a proof of identification and evidence of the age of the driver.
- The following is a guideline on how to apply for the Category A2 Driver License (Intermediate Power Motorcycle) in Guadeloupe. A2 licenses permit you to ride a motorcycle with a motor that is not more than 35 Kilowatts (kW) or a three wheel motorcycles that have an max power limit of 15 kW.