Apply for Film shooting permit in Nigeria by yourself
- To apply for a Film Shooting Permit in person applicants must go to the office of the Nigerian Film Corporation.
- The address and contact information of the NFC are available on the following webpage: Link
- Visit the office to get an application form to apply for a Film Shooting Permit as applicable to your needs from the department in question.
- Check to see if you have all the required documents on the “Required documents” section on this page.
- Complete the application form, including the correct details in the appropriate sections. Sign it when you are done.
- After filling out an application form you must attach the necessary documents to the application form. Then, submit it to the Managing Director in the office.
- After the submission of the application, it will be accompanied by additional documents can be sent to the examiner and verification process.
- After the verification and validation processes are complete the application will be accepted and officials will take the necessary steps to issue the permit.
- Once the document is in the process of being taken into possession, the applicant will receive a formal notice from the office. The applicant is able to collect it using any of the methods that are in place.
Required Documents for Film shooting permit
- Format of application completed (if there is any)
- A formal letter of request (addressable to the Minister of Information and Culture)
- Copy of the Shooting Script in depth with a the synopsis (two numbers)
- Document that contains the complete list of equipments that can be employed
- Data page for the expertise of crew Members’ International Passport (two two copies)
- Size of passport photos (four numbers)
- Copy of the Descriptive Agreement between the co-producers (Nigerian co-producer)
Office Locations and Contacts
What are all the Eligibility
- Anyone from outside the country who wants to film their process partially or completely in Nigeria is eligible to apply.
- The application process can be carried out by the producers or his/her local representatives or logistics producer/facilitator.
Fees per Week:
- Film feature $500
- Documentary film 150 dollars
- TV Drama/Series and Reality TV Show film: $4250
- Note that the application to the office of the Government Nigerian Film Corporation should be submitted no late than 10 (28) days before the date on which the applicant will begin filming.
- The applicants are advised to fill in the application form in a neat and in complete detail with perfect clarity and accuracy in order to avoid rejection. Additionally, all required documents should be submitted in full.
- Candidates can inquire with the office about fees and the payment process If they have any questions.
- Information about the applicant
- Identification Number/Passport number
- Contact details and address
- Company information
- Tax Identification Number
- Particulars of incorporation
- Registration number
- Particulars about banking
- The number of the transaction receipt or payment receipt
- Any relevant particulars
Need to have the Document
- Film shooting permits are required when a person from outside the country who works in the cinema industry wishes to film of their script in Nigeria. Republic of Nigeria.