Apply For Obtain a Road Worthiness Certificate in Egypt
- Visit the closest vehicle testing facility with the following:
- Certificate of registration for vehicles
- Identity document (ID)
- prescribed fee.
- Complete the Application for the certification of roadworthiness Form
Required Documents For Obtain a Road Worthiness Certificate
- Valid vehicle license
- Valid Insurance Policy
Office Locations and Contacts
- Ministry of Transportation
“Mr. Hany Sayed Mohamed Dahy image
Address Nasr Road, Nasr City, Cairo
Telephone number. 2400814 – 22604884
What are all the Eligibility
To be eligible, you need to have a vehicle within Egypt.
The price varies, but you should call the appropriate testing station to inquire about the calculation.
The validity of the Certificate ranges from 6 months and up to one year.
The application is processed that same day.
- You must sign-up in the name of the individual
The Information You Need
- Full name
- Birth date
- Identity proof that is valid
- (CIF Value) The Customs Value (CIF Value)
- The Engine Size
- Date of Manufacturing the Car .
The Document is required
- It is a document that demonstrates that the vehicle is roadworthy and is safe to drive on Egypt roadways during a certain duration of time.
- The document is required to all vehicles used for commercial purposes, and it is valid for six months. For private vehicles however they are older than five years old the road-worthiness certificate has required once per year.
- You should have your motor vehicle tested for roadworthiness before you can register it under your own name. If your automobile is for use in public transportation or is one that is heavy-loading (excluding buses) then you have to bring it to have it tested for roadworthiness each year prior to renewing your motor vehicle licence. A bus has to be tested for roadworthiness at least every 6 months.
- It is your obligation in the capacity of the owner the vehicle to have it examined. You can bring it to a public or private test station for your vehicle.
- A certificate of Road worthiness is required each time selling a vehicle, when a used vehicle needs required to be registered again or in certain cases, to get rid of the vehicle Defect Notice.
- A vehicle can be exempt from roadworthiness requirements if it’s not intended to transport passengers or cargo on the road or is a custom-built vehicle.
- At the conclusion of the test for road safety, if it is passed the test, a notification is given.