Apply For Obtain an Egyptian Drivers License in Egypt
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
Required Documents For Obtain an Egyptian Drivers License
- You must provide a written certificate from an Egyptian eye doctor and/or ophthalmologist to confirm the blood type
- Physical and visual health,
- Give with the Traffic Department at Attaba Square in Cairo or Giza with all the certificates
- A valid ID Document,
- Alongside two recent images.
- An completed LE 55 form and successful the completion of both a written and an on-road test.
- The proof of residency of the applicant.
- Free-of-charge certificate (infractions certificate).
- The insurance policy that is mandatory to protect against car accidents, which includes the updated information.
- A Single Form for private vehicles.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Transportation
“Mr. Ibrahim ElDemeiry
Address Nasr Road, Nasr City, Cairo
Telephone number. 2400814 – 22604884
What are all the Eligibility
To be eligible to get an Egyptian driver’s license for motor vehicles in Egypt one must be an Egyptian citizen of at minimum 18 years old .
The fee required is LE 55.
Egyptian driver’s permit is valid for the period of three (3) year or one (1) subject to the amount of fees paid.
Once all the necessary documents have been completed and all payment is made, one must wait around 3 (3) days for driver’s license to be approved.
In order to apply for a driver’s license, applicants must prove that they are 18 (18) or more. Fill out the necessary forms to any Egyptian driver Licensing Office, Read carefully and complete the necessary details.
- Make all the payments that are required
- Attach all the documents;
- Send the form back with the Egyptian motor Licensing Office; and
You must appear in person at the National office that issues the license.
Visitors are required to prove that they are 18 years old
The Document is required
A driver’s license or licence, also known as a driving license is a legal document that stipulates that an individual is allowed to operate a motorized automobile, like a motorcycle or car, truck, or bus, on a roadway that is public. The laws that govern the licensing of drivers differ in each jurisdiction. In some states licensing is granted after the person has passed the driving test, whereas in other states, one obtains a license prior to starting to drive. Different types of licenses typically are available for various types of motor vehicle, including big trucks and passenger cars. The degree of difficulty of the test differs greatly between jurisdictions as well as other things like age and the amount of training. Eligibility
Information that could be helpful
- Every vehicle must be equipped with the fire extinguisher as well as an orange triangle of danger.
- The vehicles are checked for technical issues each year, with the exception of motorcycles, private cars and tractors that are checked each year for three years.
- In Cairo the city of Cairo, motorists are driving in the opposite direction of the street. ie. similar to Europe
- If you are not familiar with driving around Cairo and the surrounding areas, it is strongly advised to use a taxi service or use the metro instead of driving.
- It is a fact that the roads of Cairo are always busy and at rush hour, lots of drivers speed around.
- Parking can be a challenge too.
- Egypt is among the countries with the highest rates of road deaths per mile driven in the world.
- Travelling in Cairo is a major obstacle even for experienced residents.
It is suggested that visitors and newcomers avoid driving.