Apply for Pattern Approval Certificate in Nigeria By Yourself
- To apply for a Pattern Approval Certificate in person, the candidate needs to go to the Weights & Measures Department of the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment.
- Contact information and address are listed below the contact hyperlink.
- Visit the office to pick up the form to apply for the Pattern Approval Certification from the relevant department.
- Check to see if you have all the documents listed on this page’s “Required documents” section on this page.
- Fill out the application as necessary with the correct details and details. Then, sign the application with your signature.
- Include the documents along with the application form that you have completed.
- Fill out the application form along with any accompanying documents to the appropriate office. Make payment of the appropriate fees as instructed by the officials.
- After the submission, technical officials will scrutinize the device’s design and will conduct a physical inspection of the instrument on site.
- The findings of analysis are evaluated and recommendations are made to Director General FMITI to approve.
- Once the Director has endorsed the application The applicant is notified of the approval by email or by phone, and then requested to obtain the Certificate by any appropriate methods.
Documents Required For Apply for Pattern Approval
- The completed application form
- Pattern Approval issued by the origin country
- Incorporation Certificate
- Instructions for operating this device (with the installation of maintenance and tests)
- Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON)Conformity Assessment Program Certificate
- Information on sealing methods
- Instructions for sealing and removing seals
- Authorization to act (manufacturing company)
- Samples of measuring instruments
- Description and overview pictures
- Any supporting document (as required)
Office Locations and Contacts
Weights & Measures Department,Federal Ministry of Trade, Industry and Investment
Phone: +234 704 513 9473
Google map directions
What are all the Eligibility
Any businessperson who is located in Nigeria who would like to get an Approval Pattern Certificate for the instrument used to measure could apply.
Contact the official for fee details.
- Applicant particulars
- Identification document number
- Registration number
- The date of incorporation as well as other specifics
- Invoice number
- Information about the instrument used to measure it
- Contact and address details
Documentation is needed
Pattern Approval Certificates are evidence that shows that the instrument or device used for measuring meets the standard requirements.