Apply for Renew of Ordinary Biometric Passport In Benin By Online
- Check out the Directorate of Emigration and Immigration close to you and download the application form. You can also follow the button below to download: (application for)
- Complete the form and submit the supporting documentation (listed further below) to the official in charge to be verified and processed.
- How to Apply for Renew of Ordinary Biometric Passport In Benin
- Pay the application fee.
- Your biometric details (fingerprint or photograph) will then be scanned by an official in the office. You will be informed when to visit the office in order to collect your passport.
- You will then be issued with a receipt/acknowledgement slip which you should carry with you when collecting the passport.
Beninese who reside in the following nations (listed below) are required to visit the consulates and embassies representing Benin located in the countries listed below to make an application. (France, Italy, Germany, Russia, China, the United States of America, Canada, Gabon, South Africa and Brazil)
Required Documents For Apply for Renew of Ordinary Biometric Passport
- Original and a copy of Birth Certificate
- Original and photocopy or photocopy of the national identity card.
- A proof of employment in the event of an alteration in job (The payment slip The professional card The diploma certificate, work certificate The work-related certificate, A school’s certification, student card)
- Certificate of residency (less than 3 months older) in the event of a change in address
- Two (02) color passport photos with a white background
- The old passport as well as the photocopy of the three initial (03) pages
- Written parent consent (minors under 18)
- Certificate of residency (less than one month older) when there is a change in address (where appropriate)
- Beninese Nationality Certificate (where appropriate)
- The marriage certificate is an extract (applicant which is a naturalization certificate by marriage)
- The copy of the deed that grants Beninese nationality
- Other documents that is required from the authorities.
Office Locations and Contacts
Directorate of Emigration and Immigration:
Address: 1278, avenue Jean-Paul II Quartier Zongo Nima
PO Box 03 BP 3380 COTONOU
Phone: (+229) 21 31 56 44
Fax: (+229) 21 31 36 10
Site: Link Benin Embassy and Consulate: Link
- Citizens of Benin
- Application fees CFA 30000
- Validity period is 6 Years
Documents to Utilize
- Within a week
The Information You Need
- Information about the applicant
- Spouse detail (if applicable)
- Professional details (if applicable)
- Contact details
- Physical address is in Benin
- A declaration from the applicant
- Consent of parent(minor)
Documentation is needed
- The normal Beninese biometric passport can be described as a form of travel given to citizens who are of Beninese nationality who want to travel overseas.
Other uses for the document/certificate
- Passports can be used as identification proof.