Apply Identity Card for Disabled (Differently Abled) In India By Yourself
- To obtain a ID card for disabled, applicant has to contact the “Superintendent/In-Charge of Medical Colleges & Hospitals and Civil Hospitals/CHCs/PHCs/SHCs/SDs.” Applicable for their respective area with the documents.
- Click on the click here and then select the name of the state from the drop-down list like the district name. Then click on go to find contact information.
- Write a letter of application or use the application form in accordance with the link below: Form link
- The completed application must be submitted together with the required documents to the authorities. After verification and confirmation of the application then the process is carried out.
- The applicant must follow the guidelines and instructions to complete the process in order to be considered for the application for granting the card.
- The Disability Card will be issued by the appropriate “District Social Security Office”.
The Director General of the state’s Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare will be the ultimate source of ID cards. ID card based on documents.
The following information gives you with details about the people who need to be contacted to obtain a valid certificate.
- Children younger than 12 and who are suffering from mental retardation can be recognized as having a impairment by a neurologist psychiatrist, pediatric or psychiatrist. Children who are visually impaired will be recognized by an ophthalmologist.
- The applicants can use the form for application that is suited to particular disabilities and fill out the form at the hospital of the government or at public health centers.
- Anyone who is seeking amputation, severe paralysis or irreversible disabilities must obtain a medical certificates from a qualified medical doctor at the government hospital or primary health center.
- People with multiple disabilities will be endorsed by a medical board comprised by three doctors, including one doctor who is competent in the area of one of the disabilities that the applicant is disabled by.
- The people who suffer from cerebral palsy might be able to obtain an official certificate from an orthopaedic or pediatric neurologist, or psychiatrist.
- People suffering from leprosy will be certified as such by a dermatologist. those with hearing impairments through an ENT specialist.
Applications Online Apply Online India Apply for Identity Card for the Disabled (Differently Able) Online and with Pictures
- To apply for a disability card online, use the link provided. Contact details: online portal
- Please choose the “Apply to get Disability Certificate and the UDID Card” option on the right-hand side of your screen.
- A new screen to enter details or select will prompt users to enter the necessary details.
- The user can choose the language of choice by selecting”Choose Regional Language” or “Choose the regional dialect” option, and then select the language you prefer from the drop-down menu.
- There are four components to be processed. The first part is personal information followed by Disability details as well as employment details and Identity details. Fill in the necessary information for each of the sections and then click on the “next” option or choose the appropriate option to proceed to the next step until you reach the employment details portion.
- Then at the bottom of the page, the user needs to select the “terms to agree..” choice, and after that press the preface button to see the application.
- If the details displayed are OK, click the Confirm application button to finish your online form.
- The applicant will be provided with the enrolment / UDID/ request number. It is important to keep it secure to use in the future.
- Following the process and verification of the data given as per the rules. The applicant will receive a notification of the procedure. If he’s granted an invalidity card, you can go to the website online and download the E-UDID card.
- If there are multiple disabilities In the event of multiple disabilities, the application will be referred on to the District Medical Board for examination and issuance of a certificate.
- In certain states, applicants must apply for services over the counter such as CSC centres/e-seva to apply.
- In certain states, applicants must apply through the state department’s online portal.
Find contact details and application forms from the appropriate state portals by clicking the links provided for each of the states below.
- Application form. Link to the form is: Formula link
- Residence proofs
- Family card
- Identity card with electronic signature
- Bank pass book
- Two passport-size photographs
- The copy Disability Certificate.
- A copy of the I.D. of the person with a disability.
- The copy of all psychological and medical reports is available.
- Aadhaar Card
- Two images that illustrate the impairment
- Original and copy of the original, with self-attestation as per the instructions of the respective authorities must be provided as per the requirements.
In addition to the documents above, authorities could request additional documents or information. You must provide them to process.
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment,Room No. 5, B-I Block, AntyodayaBhawan,
CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003 (India)
Contact information link: link
- Indian Citizen
- Medical report outlining the cause of disability
- Individuals who fall within the categories that have a minimum 40 percent disability are entitled to the benefits offered by the government.
- The link provides details about the eligibility, including: Online Link
No fees are required.
- The card is valid for five years starting from the date of issue.
- At the time of expiration, the card must be handed over to the authority that issued it and an application to issue new cards should be made if needed.
If the card gets lost, a new cards will be made upon the payment of an amount of.
- Make sure you fill out the form correctly and send it in conjunction with the required documents.
- Include the original documents for approval.
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth and Age
- Marital Status
- Present Address
- Correspondence Address
- Education Details
- Family Income
- Information about registration for registration are available in Employment Exchange / Special Employment Exchange / Vocation Rehabilitation Centre
- Registration Number
- Date of registration
- Name and Address
- Identification Marks
- Blood Group
- Nature of Disability
The Document is required
- The Constitution of India promotes equality liberty, freedom, justice and respect for the dignity of every person and implicitly demands an inclusive society for all people, including people with disabilities.
- In accordance with the regulations in the Persons with Disabilities Act of 1995, the law has identified seven kinds of impairments: blindness low vision, leprosy cure hearing impairment, loco-motor impairment, mental retardation as well as mental illnesses.
- People with disabilities receive financial assistance by the government of their state.
Information that could be helpful
- The medical certificate issued by the authority will state whether the is permanent or reversible.
- It is possible that the State Governments / UT Administrations could be the medical boards.