Change Your Name (Deed Poll) In Belize By Online
Most important you need to do in order to legally change you name legally is begin using the new name. Introduce yourself with the new identity, fill in applications and forms under you new identity, inform all your family members and friends to speak to you under your new name. You should also inform your employer and/or school of your new name.
The method you use for changing your name will be contingent on the category you fall into. The process of changing your name after divorce or marriage is easy, whereas changing your name just because’ may require a bit more effort, but is still fairly straightforward and much easier than it was in the past.
If you want to alter your identity, you must submit an application to the area Superior Court that details the reasons why you’d like to change your name. Once the court has approved the petition, you’ll be required to update you Social Security card, driver’s license, and passport.
Required Documents Change Your Name (Deed Poll) re
- Certificate of criminal record
- The application should be addressed to the Registrar.
- Identification Card (original and photocopy)
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministerial of the Attorney General
General Office, Belmopan
Ministry of the Attorney General Contacts
Registrar General, Belize City
Tel: 501-227-2053, 501-227-7377
If you want to be identified by an alternative name, you may alter your identity at any point as long as you don’t plan to deceive or fraudulently deceive someone else. There isn’t any legal procedure to follow to change the name. Simply start using your new identity. You can alter your forename or surname, include names, or alter the names you have already used.
To get a Birth Certificate in Belize:
A FEES of $4.00 is payable for each requested copy for two weeks of SERVTCE.
A FEES of $15.00 is payable for each certified copy requested for one day of SERVTCE.
A fee of $30.00 is payable for each A CERTTFTED COPY REQUESTED FOR EXPRESS SERVTCE.
To get a the Marriage Certificate for Belize: Belize:
A FEES of $5.00 is payable for each A CERTIFIED COPY REQUIRED FOR ONE WEEK SERVTCE.
A Fee of $20.00 IS CHARGABLE FOR EACH certified copy required for one-day SERVTCE.
A FEB of $30.OO is payable for each A CERTIFIED COPY REQUESTED FOR EXPRESS SERVICE.
You don’t need to provide any legal proof to prove that you’ve altered your identity, as long as you can prove that you are able to be recognized by the new name you have chosen. There are certain instances, like when applying to get a passport when proof of the name change is required. The proof required is contingent on the reason the evidence is needed. It could include:
- an official letter from a responsible individual
- A public announcement
- a statutory declaration
- a deed poll.
- Your name is listed on your birth certificate, documents of citizenship or immigration.
- The full name that you are trying to change (if you’re switching your names).
- Place and date of birth
- Marital status and information
- The places of residence for the past three months
- Address for correspondence
The Document is required
If you use or are planning to use an alternative name to the name you registered There are no laws that require to change your name officially. However, it is recommended to change your name legally to be able to identify yourself and to prove the name change.
Name change is generally the legal action of the person who is adopting the name of a different person to their birth name either through marriage or adoption. The procedure and the ease of the name change differs in different the jurisdictions.
Information that can be useful
In general, you can legally change the spelling of your name any name you’d like to. There are a few exceptions, however:
- You shouldn’t change your name to get rid of debts or to avoid criminal charges.
- You cannot change your name to commit an act of crime.
- It is not possible to change your name in order to deceive. It is usually done by taking the name of someone famous. Courts generally do not permit this, unless there’s convincing evidence that is not directly related to the celebrity or the usage of his or her name.
- It is not advisable to choose a name that is confusing because it has punctuation marks or numerals. But, certain judges have permitted individuals to write out numbers, such as “Seven” in place of “7”.
- You shouldn’t pick an identity that is likely to frighten people, offend or be considered inappropriate.
- It is impossible to select a racial insult.
Other uses for the document/certificate
You may wish you to alter your name due to:
- You’ve just been married
- You’ve been divorced
- If you just want to make a change
Ministry of the Attorney General
Many people choose to change their names due to many reasons. Maybe you’d like to alter names, or you do not like the name that your parents chose for you, you’re looking to eliminate that middle name would like to get rid of any family connections or you need to change your name! It is legal to change your name to your first as well as your middle name, surname or middle name or any combination thereof.
After you’ve received your Certificate of Change in Name Certificate, you can begin changing the name of your identity documents (e.g. passports, drivers licences, etc.) as well as with authorities and other institutions. It’s important to remember, that legally, you can begin using your new name anytime you want in the community. this is referred to as “name through association”. It’s impossible to change your name on identity documents or with any organizations until you can prove the change in your name (by means of your change of Name Certificate).