How To Conveyance of Firearms In Georgia
- Collect all the documents you’ll have to submit or show in order to be eligible for the process.
- Fill out an application form.
- Complete the form and attach the other documents required.
- All fees must be paid.
Documents Required Conveyance of Firearms
- Formulary for Application (to be filled out in the Service Agency);
- ID card;
- Document that identifies the place of residence of the applicant
- Health certificate or new driver’s license;
- Customs declaration or replica (in the event of a transfer from a different country);
- The document must be translated issued from an overseas country, with the relevant confirmation of the hunting invitation or take part in a sporting event
- Document signed by an authorized individual confirming the gun is exempt from any historical, cultural or ethnographic, scientific or cultural meaning;
- Registration card for the firearm
- Document verifying that the any duties that were on the firearm were paid
Office Locations and Contacts
Office of the Minister for Internal AffairsAddress: Kakheti Highway 38 km.
Reception: (+995 32) 274 62 50
Service Agency (Ministry of Internal Affairs)
Address : Tbilisi-Rustavi Khidis Highway 21 kilometers
Hotline : +99532 241 91 991
Ministry of Internal Affairs Website
What Are All The Eligibility
A permit to transport ammunition and firearms is not required in the following circumstances:
- Conveying of no more than 300 bullets of a smooth bore gun no more than 50 rifle bullet and gas gun bullets and not more than 1 kilogram of gunpowder owned by a natural person
- Natural persons have the right to own and control firearms according to Georgian law; is not granted permission to transport temporary guns and ammunition for hunting (not over 300 pieces);
- Transferring military and service by public servants who are authorized to do so from their respective ministries, such as the Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Ministry of Justice of Georgia;
- Conveying firearms used as evidence in criminal cases
- Of Service Agency employee for registration, or for other procedures relating to firearms;
- of managing the firearms within the state’s property;
- of transferring pledged firearms with the purposes of compulsory enforcement.
Transferring confiscated or confiscated firearms in violations of administrative procedures.
The permit to transport the firearms and ammunition will be valid for three months from when the permit was issued.
The conveyance of firearms is done by virtue of the authorization issued by the Service Agency compliance to Georgian laws.
Documentation is needed
Here are the steps on how you can get permission to transport a firearm in Georgia.
- Ministry of Internal Affairs: