How To Obtain a Marriage License In American Samoa
- You can apply for a marriage license at the Office of the Registrar of Vital Statistics.
- Sign and complete an application form.
- Pay the application fee of $10.
- When all the documents required have been submitted and are acknowledged by the Director of Vital Statistics, a marriage license is issued to applicants. The marriage license can be obtained in both English and Samoan languages.
Couples can marry anytime not less than 30 nor more than 90 days following the issue of a marriage license any minister from any Christian religion who is duly installed or ordained, and licensed by the Registrar of Vital Statistics, or any Samoan Associate Judge, or Chief Justice or Associate Justice, can marry the couple.
Two witnesses are required to be present at the event.
The couple together with the witnesses, the judge, justice or minister must sign in triplicate.
Documents that are required Obtain a Marriage License
- Application is complete
- Valid identity
Office Locations and Contacts
American Samoa GovernmentDepartment of Homeland Security
Office of Vital Statistics
PO Box 6894
Pago Pago, AS 96799
What Are All The Eligibility
Couples who want to tie the knot:
- It is not necessary to be related to one another more to the level of the fourth degree.
- The groom must not be younger than 18 old age, and the bride must be at minimum 14 years old.
- When the wedding bride is younger than 18 years old she must obtain the permission by one or both of her parents, or guardian.
- One of the parties could not have a legal spouse living.
Marriage License Application fee: $10
The marriage license expires and becomes unenforceable for 90 days following the date of issue.
Couples can marry at any time , but not less than 30 days or greater than 90 days after the issue of a marriage license.
Note: The 30 day waiting period can be waived if there is good reason given to any judge in the High Court upon proper application of the parties in such a form as can be required by the judge.
Couples looking to tie the knot are able to obtain a marriage licenses from the office of Registrar of Vital Statistics.
The Information You Need
- Name of the applicant
- Place and date of birth
- Mother’s name, father’s name
Note the marriage licenses must be in both English and Samoan languages.
- American Samoa Bar Association: