How To Obtain Authorization to Purchase a Firear In Gabon
What is the process to apply:
- Send a request letter directly to Minister of Interior with the reasons for the request. Submit it along with any supporting documents (listed under the “Required documents” section) to verify and process.
- When the minister or designated official believes that all documents are correct, you will be informed of the result and be given additional instructions.
- It is recommended to contact your local Ministry of the Interior office or the related offices for more details on filling out the application.
Documents Required Authorization to Purchase a Firear
- An excerpt from the criminal record that is less that three months in age
- Photocopies of identification document.
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Interior for the Decentralization of Public Hygiene and Security:Address: Downtown Avenue de Cointet, BP, Libreville
Phone 🙁 (+11) 01771009/01760532
What Are All The Eligibility
- Service is open to anyone who is adults (citizens or non-natives)
You can consult the ministry
- Names of all applicants
- Identification document number (valid passport/ID card)
- Reasons for the application
- Contact details
- Residence address in Gabon
The Document is required Authorization to Purchase a Firear
Any person who plans to buy or carry guns in Gabon legally must be registered at the Ministry of interior as per the Law No. 15/82, dated January 24, 1983, which established the rules for ammunition and arms.