How To Obtain License for Animal Drawn Vehicles and Pedal Bicycles In Antigua and Barbuda
- An application for a licence for an animal-driven vehicle or pedal bicycle has to be made at the Commissioner of Inland Revenue.
- Pay the fee for the licence.
- When the licence is granted after the licence is issued, the commissioner in charge of Inland Revenue shall enter in the Register of Animal Drawn Vehicles and Pedal Bicycles in the opposite entry for the vehicle or bicycle the registration number along with the day of issue for the license.
- If necessary, the Commissioner can endorse on the license the number of people in the vehicle or the weight of the load to be carried. This is to avoid any accident on the road or injury to animals caused by overloaded vehicles.
- In the event that the amount of people or the weight carried by the vehicle is greater than of the maximum limit the driver or any anyone else responsible for the vehicle, as well as owners of vehicles would be each in violation of the law.
renewal: Submit a completed form in person or via mail along with the expired license at the Office of the Commissioner of Inland Revenue.
Documents that are required License for Animal Drawn Vehicles and Pedal Bicycles
The process of applying for a license to the first time
- The completed application form
- Valid ID
Renewal of a license:
- Application form completed
- Old or expired license
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Works and TransportSt. John’s Street
St. John’s, Antigua
Local Number: (268) 462-0890
International Téléphone: (268) 462-2953
Governor General’s Office
St. John’s, Antigua Local Telephone: (268) 462-0003.
International Téléphone: (268) 462-0003
For other contact information, follow this link: http://www.ab.gov.ag/contact.php
What Are All The Eligibility
Pet owner of a drawn animal motorbike or a pedal bike.
- The driver and owner or the rider or any other person who is part of any animal-driven vehicle, or on any pedal bicycle that is operated on a public road without license shall be each in violation of the law and be accountable on summary conviction to 5 hundred bucks.
- A person is not found guilty of an offense when he proves that he did not have an opportunity to obtain license and that the animal-drawn vehicle or pedal bicycle was utilized on the roads in order to get an authorization.
There is no charge for a license in respect of any animal-driven bicycle or vehicle that is the government’s property or any other government entity or the City or Village Council.
The licences for animal-drawn vehicles and pedal bicycles expire after the 31st day of December , following the date of the issue.
The applications to get a license for animal-drawn vehicles as well as pedal bicycles must be submitted by the commissioner of Inland Revenue.
- Antigua and Barbuda – The Vehicles and Road Traffic Act: