Obtain Police Clearance Certificate (Non Conviction Certificate, Good Conduct) In Iraq By Yourself
a. Apply in-person
- Candidates can apply for “Criminal Investigative Department of Iraq”. Contact the number below to obtain the details of the address Contact 0780 940 2568 (ministry of Interior).
- Visit the office of your choice to fill out the application.
- Remember to bring the necessary copy of documents and originals with you at the post office.
- Follow as per the official guidelines.
- The applicant needs to provide a fingerprint for the procedure.
- Include the application in the documents.
- The applicant is responsible for all fees if needed as directed by.
- The application will be handled by the department responsible for it.
- The certificate is available at the location where the applicant made application in person on notification or issued according to the norms in force.
PROCESS for non CITIZENS of IRAQ For those who reside overseas:
I. Application process – in the overseas
a. Make an application for an application at Iraq consulate or embassy in person
- Application can be made at the closest consulate or embassy in person. The link to find the consulate or embassy: Embassy List
- Contact the office to set up an time to meet for a private visit. Find out more details to follow this process.
- When the date is set when the appointment is scheduled, come to the office with the document , both in original and the original copy. Follow the officer’s guidelines for processing your application.
- The application will be handled by the department responsible for it. The certificates once completed are then sent to the concerned department.
- The applicant should collect the document at the office of the appropriate notification or may have it as per regulations.
- PROCESS for CITIZENS of IRAQ For those who reside overseas:
I. The application process – for in the overseas
a. By mail(post)
- The applicants must submit their applications via postal mail addressed in the mail to “Directorate of Investigations into Criminal Evidence”.
- Applicant must get an official letter by the embassy(in the country in which they reside) for submission to Directorate of Criminal Evidences Investigations in order to be able to apply for the certificate.
- When you receive the letter, you must mail it with the necessary documents and fees paid to the address that you received from the embassy’s authorities.
- Get the address for your mail from officials , or dial the following number to obtain information about the postal address of Iraq Contact number 0780 940 2568.
- The completed application will be handled by the appropriate department, which will issue the certificate according to the deliveryable mode that is in force.
Required Documents For Obtain Police Clearance Certificate
Specific to a country
- Identification proof(driving licence, passport, etc. ).
- Residence evidence.
- A formal document that explains the purpose behind your application, and is signed by the person who is interested.
- Evidence of citizenship.
- Fees applicable to the application.
- Finger print document.
- A photocopy of your passport that you have taken while you are in Iraq.
- A duplicate of your permit for your stay in Iraq along with your passport number, and issue location as well.
- Application form
- Valid passport (attested copy in accordance with the requirements)
- Valid proof of citizenship (respective identification issued by the each country)
- Photographs of passport size
- Birth certificate (as per requirement)
- Legal proofs (copy of passport that was used during the period of time, with the appropriate stamp and seal)
- Your email ID (useful to let you know about problems with your application.
- Return envelope with self-address.
- A valid contact number (applicant is able to be shared)
Office Locations and Contacts
Iraqi Ministry of Interior,Baghdad.
Phone: 0780 940 2568.
Iraq mission abroad: website
- The applicant must have a valid passport and an address proof that is valid.
- Age limit: old and over. If minors are involved applications must be made by the parent with parental authority, if minor is not yet 16 yet.
- The location of the applicant should be identical to the address on the passport along with other documents supporting it.
- Candidates who require of a residence status, employment, or a long time visa or are seeking to move to a foreign country.
- Fees 10,000 Iraqi dinars.
- The cost of stamps and other requirements differ from case to the case. The latest charges requirements will be made available by the respective authorities when applying.
- On the certificate, it is noted that this was done.
Validity standards vary between countries..
Authorities will give the date.
Processing times vary according to the country in which it was the application was made.
Please take note of the following : —
- The format of the certification to be presented to the Iraqis is similar to the one that will be issued to Arabs or foreigners been in Iraq.
- The certificate is valid for a year and does not require confirmation from Minister of Interior. Ministry of Interior.
- To place the left thumbprints of person who requested in the correct area on the certificate, in the direction of Embassy’s competent official.
- Use black ink instead of blue ink when you take fingerprints.
- Local Requests
- You must show your ID card or passport to every Criminal Investigation Department in Iraq. Fingerprints will be collected.
- Non-Resident Requests
- You can request a certificate of police at the consular department of the closest Iraqi Embassy.
The Information You Need
- Name (family name First name/s/)
- Name of the family (at the date of birth)
- The place (town) where you were born
- Birth date
- Maiden name of the family of mother’s maiden name.
- Current address of residence
Need to have the Document
- Police certificates are a formal document issued by the police or any government agency of the country in order to list any criminal record that the applicant might or may not have. Criminal records can include convictions, arrests and even criminal legal proceedings.
- It is possible to be asked to provide these documents if you apply for admission to a school, job or even in the courtroom.
Information that could be helpful
- Non-Conviction certificates (Certificates of good conduct)
It’s a duplicate of your criminal record , or declaration that there is no criminal record. Police clearance certificates vary in every country and territories and can be known as police certificates or good conduct certificates, extracts of judicial records, PCC etc. These are given by the police or government departments and utilized to Citizenship and Immigration to prevent those who pose a threat for security in the country from being allowed into the country.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Iraq
It is the job of the applicant to get in touch with the authorities in order to obtain the needed police clearances or certificates. The procedures for each country are different. The applicants may be required to submit an application at more than one level of government, or more than one agency, including municipal provincial state, federal, the courts, police or similar governmental bodies for their police certificates. If a certificate from a police force is not obtainable in any one of the nations listed on the list, submit an explanation in writing and a note from the authority responsible for police, confirming that it is not able to issue the certificate.
In most instances you will need to contact the police or the government to request a certificate. It is possible to:
- give information or documents including fingerprints, photos or your addresses, as well as dates you resided within the country or the territory as well as
- You must pay a fee.