How To Passport Lost or Stolen In Austria
A theft or loss was reported in Germany
- If your passport is stolen it is necessary to submit a police report about the incident. You must submit the report with all other documents required to the passport officials.
- You don’t have to file a petition in the event that the reason for the reissue was because of a lost.
Procedure in Abroad
- You’ll have to make a police complaint to authorities overseas about your stolen or lost passport.
- Request an emergency passport which can serve as your travel document, which will allow you to travel between countries.
- When you return to Austria You will have to file a new police report, in the event that it is because of the theft. It is not necessary to file a report if your passport was stolen.
- Send an Austrian theft confirmation Report with any other documentation required to issue the new passport.
Documents that are required Passport Lost or Stolen
Conditions for the Emergency Passport:
- Identity card issued by the government or identity witness or witnesses of identity that have an authentic photo identification to ensure that identity can be verified
- Photo of a passport (Portrait 35 45mm x 45mm ) no more than six months following a certain requirements for a photo of the passport (in color)
- Additional Requirements if not yet had a red passport request or identity card in Credit card form:
- Proof of citizenship , award notice or confirmation staatsbrgerschaftliche
- Certificate of birth (may require)
- Additional requirements for changing names:
- Name change or marriage certificate notice
- When you want to earn an academic qualification or professional title such as Engineer or Engineer
- Certificate of award
If the evidence that a birth or citizenship certificate isn’t acceptable the emergency passport will only be issued in the event that the Passport issuing authority can inquire details from appropriate officials (depending on the working hours of other authorities in certain conditions).
- The evidence of an urgent need ( for example, flight tickets or hotel confirmations or loss)
- An existing identity card or an identity of honor card / an identity witness or any other proof of identity
- Passport photo (Portrait 35 45mm x 45mm ) not more than six months from the date of a requirements for a photo of the passport (in color)
Conditions for renewal of Passport:
- Police Report
- The completed application form must be submitted.
- Identification Card
- Passport photo (Portrait 35 45 mm x 45 mm ) not more than six months following a certain requirements for a photograph of the passport (in color)
Office Locations and Contacts
To locate Statutory Offices: https://www.help.gv.at/Portal.Node/hlpd/public/content/99/Seite.991304.html
A-8700 Leoben, Erzherzog Johann-Strae 2
Tel: +43 (0)3842/4062-450 bis 454
Fax: +43 (0)3842/4062-455
The hours of operation:
Mo Do: 08.00 Hour-16:00 hours
Fr: 08:00 – 12:30
Municipality of Schwechat
Town Hall Square 9, Ground Floor
Tel 01 70108221 ext. 319 or extension
Fax 01 70108394 DW
Austrian Representations Abroad:http://www.bmeia.gv.at/aussenministerium/buergerservice/oesterreichische-vertretungen.html
Passport Center Hauptstrae 1 – 5, Neues Rathaus, 1.
Stock (ber dem Brgerservice Center), 4041 Linz
Tel. : +43 732 7070
Fax. : +43 732 7070 54 2110
E-Mail. : email@example.com
Wiener Strae 154 4020 Linz
Tel. : +43 732 3342 0
E-Mail. : firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Emergency Passport Form: http://portal.linz.gv.at/Serviceguide/viewCallMeBack.html?topic=Notpass
The headquarters of the Passport Office
1082 Vienna, Lerchenfelderstrae 4, 2 Floor, room 201
Call +43 1 4000 89516 to make a call.
Contact number : +43 1 89517 4000
Phone : +43 1 4000 89523
After office hours, call this number:
City Hall Station ( MA- 68) 1, 2 Lichtenfelsgasse
Phone: +43 1 4000-98350
Fax: +43 1 4000-99-98350
Lower Municipal Councillor, Head of Department Contact number: +43 1 4000 89511.
The Deputy Head of Department Call +431 4000 89513 to make an appointment.
Issue of travel papers other than emergency passports Monday through Wednesday Fridays from 8.00 until 13.00 clock Monday through Wednesday afternoons with appointment booking on Thursdays starting at 8:30 to 17.30 clock.
The exhibition of Notpssen disappointments and loss of travel documents Monday through Wednesday, Friday between 8.00 till 15.30 clock Thursdays, from 8:00 until 17.30 clock
Hours of operation Monday to Wednesday, Friday from 7:30 to 15:30 , Thursdays between 7.30 to 17.30 clock The office is closed on public holidays, Good Friday and the night before Christmas (24.12.) as well as New Year’s Eve (31.12.) Retrieved between 7.30 until 12.00 clock.
Passport Authorities can issue an emergency passport to an Austrian citizen who is in an urgent need to travel home to Austria from abroad and do not have any travel documents.
Note: For information on how you can apply for an emergency passport: https://www.help.gv.at/Portal.Node/hlpd/public/content/2/Seite.020700.html
The document is needed
The passport can be described as a form of identification that is issued by the federal government. It demonstrates the nationality and identity of the person who holds it, and can be used to travel across the globe. It includes information about the holder, including name age, gender, date of birth, and birthplace.
If your passport has been taken or misplaced, you are able to apply for an alternative one.
Information that can be useful
It is important to note the fact that some states do not will accept the need for an emergency passport, or to set additional requirements ( for example, United States since 1 July 2009, Turkey). More information on it is available on the official website that is operated by the Federal Ministry for European and International Affairs.
Beginning 1 July 2009, entry into in the United States with an Austrian emergency passport in the “Visa Waiver Program” is no longer a possibility.
The entry of an emergency passport can only be done in the context of a visa for an U.S. diplomatic mission-possible. The following are the conditions: acceptance of an appointment with the U.S. representative authority, the current cost of 100 euros, and a waiting time for processing of at most 2 business days.
Because of the time required for an U.S. visa the possibility of issuing a one-day express passport is worth considering.
Additional information about The Express Pass for one day Express Pass can be found in the Information Sheet.
The above-mentioned provisions are applicable even if the intended destination isn’t USA and an U.S. airport for onward travel (transit) is required.
- Passport Act
- Passport Act Implementation Regulation
- Austrian Government Portal
Click here If you’d prefer to receive an email notice regarding renewing your passport, or making changes to your passport’s information.