Register as Voter In India By Yourself
- The candidate can go to the closest the electoral Office (EO) or the appropriate BLO Officer and request the Form 6, to be included of their name on the roll of electoral voters.
- Link to contact information: link2 for locating offices
- Applications can be obtained from the appropriate office OR it can be downloaded on the internet, click Download tab on the online link below for Form 6 (Hindi or English) : link
- Go to the appropriate office. Complete the application form and necessary documents to the registering officer to register.
- When the application is received An acknowledgement of receipt is issued with a reference number for the application that is used to keep track of the status of the application.
- After the internal process has been started Once the internal process is initiated, once the internal process is initiated, a Booth Level Officer (BLO) will be on site according to the address listed in the application. They will conduct an assessment of the details submitted to verify the information.
- After successful verification of the identity card, it will be delivered by post to the address specified in your application.
Apply via Online Portal – India Register to Vote Online, with images
- Visit the official website. Link to the website : link
- In the window that appears in the given new window, select “login/register” beneath “Login/Register to Access the following Facilities”
- Use the “Don’t have an account? Register” …..”” option. You will need to sign up and then enter your user name and password to log in.
- Once you have logged in, on the provided page, choose the option of registering as a new voter. You will then be taken to the next page.
- The applicant must enter or select the information required by the application form.
- Upload the necessary documents, and then click the appropriate link to send.
- After submission an application, a reference code is generated, which acts as a receipt, as and aids in tracking the status. It is important to keep it secure to be able to refer back later.
- An internal procedure will begin and the Booth Level Officer (BLO) will be visiting the premises of the applicant in accordance with the address listed when submitting the application to verify the information.
- After successful submission the application, the voter ID will be sent to the address provided when making the application.
- In certain states, applicants must apply for services over the counter such as CSC centers/e-seva, etc. to apply.
- In certain states, the applicant must apply via the state department’s online portal.
- Find contact details and application form on the appropriate state portal procedures using the links provided for each of the states below.
Required Documents For Register as Voter
- Application form. Online application link Click download at the following link for the form 6 (Hindi or English) : link
- Photograph of passport size
- (or) Ration Cards. (or)
- Driver’s License (or)
- Birth Certificate (or)
- School/College Certification
- Aadhar card
- All originals and copies of originals with self-attestation as per the instructions of appropriate authorities must be submitted in accordance with the requirement.
- In addition to the documents above, authorities could request additional documents or information. You must provide them to process.
Office Locations and Contacts
Election commission of India,NirvachanSadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi 110001.
EPABX: 23052205 – 10, 23052212 – 18, 23052146, 23052148, 23052150
For contact details : online link
- Citizens of India who have reached 18 years old can vote during elections in India.
- The electoral officers frequently include those who are aged 18 or older onto the voter list.
No fees are required, in the event that you are applying for the voter ID card in the very first instance.
The Voter ID card is valid for a lifetime.
- It can take between 5 and seven weeks for the voter to get their ID.
- If you don’t get an electoral card by mail, call your local election office to confirm that you’re registered.
- India is the biggest democratic country in the world. Voting is your right. If you do not exercise the rights to vote you’ll become an insincere person when you talk about the political system. Voting gives us the chance to change the course of our lives as well as in the world.There are two options for applying for a Voter ID Card
- Method 1: Voter ID card Online Registration
- Method 2: Submit Form 6 directly to EPIC Office
- Name (With Documentary Evidence)
- Age (With Documentary Evidence)
- Day of Birth (With Documentary Evidence)
- Place of Birth, Relatives Name
- Location of Residence Ordinary
- Family members’ details are In the Electoral Roll
Need to have the Document
- Voter ID card also known as Electors photo identity card (EPIC) can be described as an identity ID card that is issued by Election Commission to all eligible voters, allowing the identification of voters during Election Day.
- All Indian citizens who are over 18 years old are entitled to franchise their right to vote. It is not possible to vote without having a valid voter ID.
- The Voter Id is considered to be one of the documents that can be used to obtain Pan Card, Ration Card, Driving License etc.
Information that can be useful
- A person is not able to be registered as an voter for more than one location within the same constituency, and for more than one district due to the rules that are contained in Sec. 17 and 18 of the R. P. Act 1950.
- The Voter ID card functions as a general-purpose identity evidence, proof of address and proof of age, like purchasing the cellphone SIM or requesting an Passport