How to Single Status Certificate / Affidavit of Marital Status (Certificate of Custom) In Monaco

Single Status Certificate / Affidavit of Marital Status (Certificate of Custom) In Monaco By Online

It is recommended to adhere to the guidelines of certain authorities believe are essential. Couples who want to marry outside of the country require special documents. The first step is submit a statement that is processed by the local office , where marriage certificates are prepared. The declaration must originate from the state in which you reside in Monaco. In this declaration will be noted that there hasn’t been any marriages in the last few years.

Because these kinds of documents are needed to participate in foreign affairs, you requires a local or state registrar’s account or declaration that is certified to work abroad.

  • Visit the Civil Registry office where marriages are recorded.
  • Bring in and sign the necessary documents.
  • Fill out a form and then declare.
  • Make the payment.

Required Documents For Single Status Certificate

  • Passport or national identity card.
  • A proof of address.
  • If you divorce or divorced, Decree Absolute.
  • If widowed, death certificate of your previous partner (and the Marriage Certificate).
  • If the name of your family member has changed through Deed Poll the proof is required.
  • The applicable fee.

Office Locations and Contacts

MonacoTown Hall Square, Mayor’s Office MonacoTown Hall Square

98000 Monaco
Tel. Standard: (+ 377) 93 15 28 63
Fax: (+377) 93 15 28 42
Hours of operation:
Monday through Friday, from 8:30-16:30

State Civil Service
Town Hall Square
BP 523
98015 Monaco Cedex
Phone: (+377) 93 15 28 51 / 93 15 29 64
Fax: (+377) 93 15 61 77
Monday through Friday from 8:30am until 4:30pm (no breaks)
Saturday: 9 am until 12:00 noon
Office Hours:

Contacts Department of Civil Status Nationality

Monaco Worldwide & Map of Bilateral Relations


To allow non-nationals to get married in a foreign country, you’ll likely have to provide legally valid documentation from the country where you have citizenship to prove that you are single and that you are able to marry. This is referred to as a ‘Certificate without Impediment or ‘Certificate of Coutume’ or ‘Certificate Of Nulla Osta’ or “Certificate of Freedom to Wed’.


Be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment might not be enough by itself to permit the marriage to occur in a different country. It could be necessary for authorities from abroad to follow the followingrequirements, so please make sure you give enough time to process.

  • Certificates might require translation.
  • Certificates might require endorsement or exchanged with a local version that is approved by the Embassy or Consulate in the country you plan to get married.
  • Certificates could require legalization i.e. issued with an official stamp, also known by the name of an Apostille.
  • Certificates can require witnesses to sign an Affidavit declaring that you are allowed to marry and the certificate is affixed.

The Information You Need

  • Full Name
  • Number of ID or Passport
  • Place of Birth and Date of Birth
  • Nationality
  • Statement
  • Date
  • Signed by the one who has declared
  • Signature of witnesses

The Document is required

An Single Status Certification, also called No Marriage Affidavit Certificate of Freedom to Wed or Certificate of no Impediment is a certified statement that confirms that you’re eligible to marry.

Overseas marriage authorities typically require additional proof that the person is free to get married. This could be the declaration in the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no evidence of the individual being married before or a single status certificate or “No Records Result”.

Information that could be helpful

With a sworn statement, the applicant affirms that they are the person claims to be. This Single Status Affidavit declares that they are eligible and allowed to marry, and other things. Keep in mind that a key characteristic of this Single Status Affidavit is that is not a official document It is an affiant’s signature on a letter who has signed it in front of the notary public. One interesting aspect of this kind of paper is that it has various names for it. Take a check out this listing: “Single Status Statutory Declaration” or”Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” or the “Single Status Certificate” or “Free-to-marry declaration”.

These certificates are different in the amount of time they’re valid for it can be limited to be just a couple of months. Certain countries require that certificates are not more than two or three months prior to the date that you get married. So, it is crucial to verify the requirements that are applicable to your situation and pay special attention to the timelines when applying for the Certificate with No Impediment.

Other uses for the document/certificate

It is essential that the Bride & Groom to be married should provide, from their country of citizenship or individual certificates of no impediment, or a the Certificate of Single Status/Sworn Affidavit as evidence that they are single and are eligible to marry. This is also referred to as an affidavit of single-status or a negative marriage statement. This form of documentation can be found from the Bureau of Vital statistics in their town where they reside.

External Links

Government of the Principality of Monaco Official Website. Principality of Monaco Official Web Site

Monaco City Hall

Ministry of Interior

Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation

The Department of Justice – Principality of Monaco’s


If you plan to get married in a different country, you could require an official Certificate of Non-Impediment. The document can be referred to by many names, including Declaration of Non-Impediment for Marrying, Statutory Declaration of Single Status Affidavit of Intentional marriage, Statement In-Lieu Certificate of Non-Impediment for Marriage in Foreign Countries or Certificate de Coutume, a Certificate of Non Impediment and Certificate of Nulla Obsta, Certificate of Independence to Marry , or just a certificate that allows you to get married.

Certificate of Non-Impediment in the marriage

It is available by contacting the regional department for foreign affairs or the Embassy in the country in the country where you’re planning to get married.

Certificate of Single Status, Sworn Statement that you are not in a position to get married.

They’re similar to a certificate of No Impediment however, you need to prove that you are a single person before a legal representative.



Leave a Comment