How to Single Status Certificate In Niue

Single Status Certificate In Niue By Online

It is recommended to adhere to the guidelines of certain authorities believe are essential. Anyone who wants to marry abroad require special documents. In the beginning, couples need to sign a declaration which is processed by the local office, where marriage certificates are issued. It must come from the state in which you reside in Niue. This statement will be noted the fact that there hasn’t been any marriage in the past few years.

Because these kinds of documents are required to be used for foreign participation, one requires a account of the local or state registrar or declaration that is authenticated for work abroad.

  • Visit the Civil Registry office where marriages are recorded.
  • Make sure to submit the required documents.
  • Complete a form and make a declaration.
  • Pay the amount.

Required Documents For Single Status Certificate

  • Passport or National Identity Card.
  • A proof of address.
  • If you divorced by Decree Absolute.
  • If widowed, death certificate of your previous husband (and the Marriage Certificate).
  • If the name of your family member has changed through Deed Poll you must provide proof.
  • The applicable fee.

Office Locations and Contacts

Public Service Commission & Secretariat

New Zealand Embassy websites


To allow non-nationals to get married in a foreign country, you’ll most likely have to provide legally valid documentation from the country you are a citizen of to prove that you are single and that you are able to marry. This is referred to as a ‘Certificate without Impediment or ‘Certificate of Coutume’, ‘Certificate de Nulla Osta’ or “Certificate of Freedom to Wed’.


In a sworn affidavit, the applicant affirms that they are the person claims to be. This Single Status Affidavit declares that they can and are allowed to marry, in addition to other things. Be aware that one characteristic of this Single Status Affidavit, is that it is not a document issued by the government but rather an affiant’s letter who has signed it in front of an official notary public. A fascinating aspect about this kind documents is the fact that it has numerous names that are used for it. Take a take a look at the following listing: “Single Status Statutory Declaration” or”Single Status Statutory Declaration” or “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” or an “Single Status Certificate” or “Free-to-marry declaration”.

Certificate of Non-Impediment in the marriage

It is available by contacting the area’s department of foreign affairs, or from your Embassy in the country the country where you’re planning to get married.

Certificate of Single Status/Sworn Affidavit stating that you are not in a position to get married.

They are like an official Certificate of no Impediment however, you must swear that you are a single person before a legally authorized representative.

Requirements Information

  • Full Name
  • Number of ID or Passport
  • Place of Birth and Date of Birth
  • Nationality
  • Statement
  • Date
  • The signature of the individual who has declared
  • Signature of witnesses

The Document is required

The Single Status Certificate,, also called the No Marriage Affidavit or Certificate of Freedom to Wed or Certificate of no Impediment is a swearing statement that states that you’re eligible to marry.

Overseas wedding authorities usually require further proof that the person is legally able to get married. This could be an admission in the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no record of the couple being married before or a single status certificate or “No Records Result”.

Information that could be helpful

Also, be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment could not be sufficient by itself to permit an event to be held in a foreign nation. You could be required by authorities in the foreign country to follow the followingrequirements, so please ensure you have enough time to process.

  • Certificates might require translation.
  • Certificates could require endorsement or exchanged with a locally acceptable certificate issued by your Consulate or Embassy in the country you are planning to marry.
  • Certificates might require to be legalized i.e. authentically stamped, also known by the name of an Apostille.
  • Certificates could require that witnesses sign an Affidavit affirming that you’re legally married and that it is attached to the.

Other uses for the Document/Certificate

A Bride & Groom to be married must present their countries of citizenship or individual certificates of non impediment, or Certificate of Single Status/Sworn Affidavit as evidence that they are married and are not eligible for marriage. This is also known as an affidavit for single status or a negative marriage statement. This form of documentation can be found by contacting the Bureau of Vital statistics in the city where they live.

External Links

Government of Niue Ministries

Government of Niue


If you’re planning to marry in a foreign country, you could require the Certificate of Non-Impediment. This document comes in a variety of names, including Declaration of Non-Impediment for Marrying, Statutory Declaration of Single Status Affidavit of Intentional marriage, Statement In-Lieu Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage in another country and Certificate de Coutume, a Certificate of Non Impediment or Certificate of Nulla Obsta, Certificate of Independence to Marry , or just a certificate that allows you to get married.

These certificates are different in terms of the time they’re valid for and can, in some cases, only be only a couple of months. Certain countries require that certificates are not older than two or three months prior to the date that you get married. So, it is crucial to verify the requirements that are applicable to your situation and pay special consideration to timeframes when applying for the Certificate with No Impediment.



Leave a Comment