Get Accreditation (Permission or Approval) for Private Universities in Nigeria By Yourself
- The applicant must visit the Nigerian Universities Commission in person to apply for Accreditation (Permission, or Approval for Private Universities).
- You can find the address and contact information of the National Universities Commission at the link below: Contact link
- You can visit the office to obtain the forms necessary for Accreditation (Permission/Approval) from relevant departments.
- Completing the application forms includes all relevant information. Once completed, sign it.
- After you have completed the application form, attach all documents required by this section.
- Submit it in person to any relevant office. As directed by the officials, make the required payment.
- The Standing Committee will organize an interactive meeting with promoters of the University to introduce them to their campus site.
- The promoters will need to submit certain documents at the conclusion of the meeting. These can be found in the “Required Documents” section.
- The application and any other documents submitted will be sent to the appropriate departments for verification and returned to the committee for further transmission in the event that the documents are not in the correct order.
- Next, the university’s first verification visit is made to verify the institution’s commitment.
- Based on the reports of the first verification visit, and the suggestions from the officials, promoters should make any necessary modifications which will be checked again during the second verification.
- The second visit will allow the members of the committee to examine the amendments made in the first verification reports and the financial standing of the organizations, if necessary.
- For their safety, the Standing Committee conducts a security screening of Proprietors as well as Board of Trustees of University. The Standing Committee then prepares a detailed report for the NUC Management based on the results of the analysis.
- The National Universities Commission Management receives the Standing Committee’s report and recommends that the University be approved by the University Development Committee (UDC), of the NUC Board. They also submit the Standing Committee’s report.
- After receiving the reports, the Board will forward them to the Honourable Ministry of Education. If the recommendations are sufficient, the Federal Executive Council will issue a three-year Provisional Licence.
Documents Required For Get Accreditation
- Completed application forms
- Short of Academics draft
- Physical Master Plan draft
- University Law Draft Assignment’s Counterpart deed
- Incorporation Certificate or Proprietors Registration Certificates
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Letter of Liquid Cash Available
- Assignment Deed or Occupancy Cert
- Guarantee from a Bank of Funds at a Level 200 Million Nigerian Nairas
The applicant should not obtain the two last documents until the application is processed.
Find Office Locations and Contacts
Phone: +234 802 745 5412
Website: Homepage link
Contact link: Contact link
What are all the Eligibility
- Any Nigerian organisation that wants to establish a University in the Republic of Nigeria can apply.
- Any responsible person can apply for the position.
- The Commission will require that the applicant entity has the necessary qualifications.
A Guarantee of Funds must be obtained from a bank reputable to ensure that the proposed university has a minimum of 200 million Nairas in funding.
The Proprietor receives a Provisional License for three years upon approval.
- The Commission must be notified by the applicant about their intention to operate a University. This can be done by compiling and sending a written statement to the appropriate authority within the commission.
- Representatives and applicants should bring the appropriate fees when collecting the forms from the office.
- The Directorate of Establishment of Private Universities should receive the documents.
- To avoid rejections, applicants are asked to fill out the application form accurately and completely. All required documents must also be submitted.
- Particulars about the applicant
- Identification Number
- Contact details and address
- Information about the company
- Particulars of incorporation
- Register number
- Directors’ details
- Particulars of Chief Officers
- Bank details
- Number of the payment receipt/Transaction ID
You will need the document
If a private university in Nigeria is to be registered, it must have an accreditation from the National Universities Commission.
Information that might be of assistance
- The second verification is often considered the final one in terms of its results and compliance by the Committee.
- The proponent is required to observe the terms and conditions during the three-year probationary period. The Proprietor will be granted a permanent license if the probationary period is completed with satisfactory results.