Apply for a Business Visa in Nigeria
Note Due to COVID 19-related interruptions when you are starting a new application or making a transaction, please call the Nigerian immigration or embassy for hours and opening times of operation
- To apply for an Business VISA online, the applicant must visit the Nigeria Immigration Portal by clicking the link below: Apply online
- On the next page open, select the drop-down box under the “Processing Country choice and choose the country you want to complete you VISA in, scroll to the bottom and click on the “Start application” button.
- A message with a dialogue will pop up where you need select”Accept” or click “Acknowledge” click. On the next page you must select any one of the accounts with email addresses and then log in using your credentials for the account.
- The next page will request the information of the user. Fill in all fields that are required and then click to click the “Submit” option. A dialogue with a hyperlink will open, please go through the “Data Protection Policy If required, hit on the “Acknowledge” link.
- Then , your online application form will be displayed. In the initial step, you’ll have fill in the name and personal information of the applicant. You will then upload a passport-sized photo. Follow the steps as needed and then hit on the “Next” step.
- In the same way, you must complete all steps by providing the information as needed and pressing on the “Next” button. Then, make sure to check the “I Accept Full Responsibility for the information I provide in this Form” box and click the “Submit the Application” button.
- The details of the applicant appears. Make sure to check it once, and then click the “Proceed for Online Pay” button. On the page for payments choose payment Currency “Pay In Dollars” option, then Click to click”Continue” “Continue” option.
- Make the appropriate payment in the VISA document within the section for payment by following the on-screen directions.
- On the next tab you are able to print and download your successful receipt for payment using the appropriate option. You can then keep it in your wallet.
- Once you have submitted your online form for application, print hard copies of the application form and include it to the documents listed under the “Required Documents” section on this page.
- Go to the offices at or Nigerian Diplomatic Mission or applicable VISA Application center in your country. Take all required documents and present it to the authority in charge.
- You may also submit your application by mail to the address on the back of the appropriate Nigerian Diplomatic Mission.
- The final decisions will be taken by the appropriate officials in the event of a conflict. You will also be informed of the additional tasks to be carried out as appropriate.
Required Documents For a Business Visa
- The completed application form
- Passport valid (at at least six months)
- Photographs of passport size (two numbers)
- The evidence of adequate funds being in your possession
- Tickets for the return journey
- Acceptance of Proof of Immigration Responsibilities
- Proof of payment or receipt
- Receipt of Acknowledgement
Office Locations and Contacts
Nigeria Immigration Service,Nnamdi Azikiwe Int’l Airport Road,
P.M.B. 38, Garki,
Web site: Link
Ministry of Foreign Affairs contact link: Link
What are all the Eligibility
- Anyone who would like to travel to in the Republic of Nigeria to carry the business of his/her company or make contacts for their business, may apply.
- The person who applies must have an original passport and money sufficient to pay for the trip and lodging.
- The details of fees for the country of the visitor are available on the “Embassy VISA Fees” section on the next pages: fees details or refer to this document for Fees details
The visa issued in this category may be valid for 3 months
The department requires approximately two to three working days processing the application starting from the date of the application.
- The applicants are advised to go through and check the directions on the screen prior to pressing the “Start Application” button.
- The applicants can contact applicants can contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Nigerian Immigration Services for contact and address details for the diplomatic representation in their country of citizenship.
- If you choose to process your payment in a country that is not Nigeria Your payment will be made in US Dollars. Then, you will be directed to a payment platform that has been approved to finish your application and then make the payment using US Dollars.
- Please note that you can reschedule your interview date to the next available date by sending your Application id, Reference no and the proposed date to the following support email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicant particulars
- Email ID
- Address details
- Mobile number
- Birth details
- Journey details
- The purpose of the the visit
- Validity of passport number and its validity
- Information about the employer or company.
- Particulars about banking
Documentation is needed
- Anyone who plans to travel to Nigeria to performing a business activity must have an Business VISA issued by the Nigerian Immigration Services.
Information that can be useful
Other uses for the Document/Certificate
- Business Visas are also required for international travelers who plan to travel to Nigeria to attend a Seminar, Meeting, Conference Contract Negotiation, Marketing sales, purchase distribution of Nigerian products and Trade Fairs as well as Job Interviews. Education in Nigerians (Humanitarian Services) and Emergency/Relief works, staff of NGOs, staff from INGOs, researchers Musical performances.
The Guidelines Link