Apply for a Community Radio Licence in Nigeria By yourself
- To apply for the Community Radio License on the spot, an applicant has to visit the offices of the National Broadcasting Commission of Nigeria.
- Contact details and addresses for the Nigerian NBC is available in the “Office Contacts and locations” section on this page.
- Visit the office and pick up an application form for applying for the Community Radio license from the department that you are interested in.
- Check to see if you have all the required documents under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Complete the application form, including the correct details in the appropriate sections. Then, sign it after you have completed it.
- After you have completed your application, be sure to attach all required documents to the form and send it to the appropriate authority in the office.
- After the application is submitted, the application along with the other supporting documents are sent to the examiner and verification process.
- After the verification and verification process is completed the application will be accepted and officials will take the necessary actions to grant the permit.
- Once the license is available to collect and returned to the applicant, they will receive an email from the office. The applicant will be able to collect the document themselves or hire an appointment with a courier service to collect it.
- Following the issuance of the certificate, applicant is required to pay the fees applicable as instructed to the relevant bank account. Contact the office to inquire about payment procedure.
Required Documents For a Community Radio Licence
- The completed application form
- Incorporation Certificate
- Memorandum and Articles of Agreement for the business (certified copy)
- Sketch of engineering design
- A report on feasibility studies
- A letter of undertaking
- Letter of reference from the financier of the company
Office Locations and Contacts
National Broadcasting Commission,Plot 20, Ibrahim Taiwo Street (by Aso Villa),
P.M.B. 5747, Garki,
What are all the Eligibility
- Any business or organization who would like to participate with Radio Broadcasting on a Community basis, can be qualified to apply for the license.
- Anyone whom the company assigns to carry out the application process is eligible to apply.
- The applicant’s entity must be related to the Republic of Nigeria.
- Application fee: N50,000
- Fee for license $15 million (Category A)
The N20 billion (Category B)
Initially, an authorization in this category is granted for five years.
- It is essential that the form completed include all the required information correctly and be properly filled out so that it can be approved from the Authority.
- It is important to include all required documents as required by the authority in order to prevent rejections.
The Information You Need
- Applicant details
- Identification document number
- Company Number of registration
- Address details
- Contact details
- Information about banks
Documentation is needed
- Any entity that is part of Nigeria which wants to offer Community Radio Broadcasting services within the Republic is required to have an authorization issued by the National Broadcasting Commission.