Apply for a Corporate Tax In Morocco By Online
- Visit go to the Office of General Directorate of Taxes located at the Costumes and Exercise Administration (CEA)and provide them with the specifics of your business within three months of establishing your the business. The tax system for corporations is based on territoriality. Net profits made from foreign subsidiaries and establishments of Moroccan companies aren’t tax-deductible until the profits are actually returned and distributed to shareholders.
- Bring the documents you need.
- Then, present the documents.These include the following:
- 1.) Copy of the certificate of incorporation.
- I) Staff list and their annual salary.
- iii)The Directors Tax Clearance Certificate (now Electronic Tax Clearance Certificate)
- IV) Application letter for registration
- Pay a registration fee. Morocco has a registration cost at a fixed amount of 0.50 percent for the formation or growing of capital for a company. This rate is decreased by 0.25 percent for deeds of partnership and capital increases of investment banks and companies , the primary goal of which is managing shares and stocks or the application of additional companies that are on joint accounts.
- Get your company’s profit tax receipt. Calendar year typically the fiscal year however companies may choose to use an additional fiscal year. The tax-related accounts are required to be filed within three months of the conclusion of the applicable period of accounting.
Morocco has the tax system of a territorial nature. Businesses (both residents and non-residents) are typically taxed only for income derived through activities conducted in Morocco. The tax year begins January 1 and concludes on December 31 of the year.
Corporate tax is due in equal installments in accordance with the previous year’s assessment. The amount actually due is adjusted every 3 months after the close that accounting time.
Online Tax Services (Simpl) Online Tax Services (Simpl) were created in the Directorate-General for Taxation in order to enable taxpayers to complete their tax return online.
Companies who wish to join Simple Teleservices (Simpl-VAT and/or Simpl-corporate tax) They can send their application forms to the tax department of the region, in the large corporation service which the taxpayer. The form must include a debit authorization, which must be signed by a bank partner.
Required Documents For Apply for a Corporate Tax
- A copy of the certificate of incorporation.
- List of staff members and their annual wages.
- The Directors Tax Clearance Certificates (now Electronic Tax Clearance Certificate)
- Letter of application to register,
Office Locations and Contact
- Customs and Excise Administration
Avenue Annakhil, Hay Riad 10000 Rabat, Morocco
Contact number : + 212 537 57.90.00 + 212 537 71.78.00
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.douane.gov.ma
From Morocco dial (Eco number) : 0801007000
Moroccan companies, both public and private are eligible for profits tax on corporations.
The tax on corporate income is subject to the provisions that are contained in the General Tax Code.
Corporate income tax is at a rate of 30 percent. Financial institutions, banks and insurance businesses are taxed at 37%..
A lower tax rate of 10 percent is available to companies that have taxable earnings that is less than MAD300,000. In addition, the Casablanca Finance City program offers the 10% rate to businesses with international or regional headquarters in Casablanca.
The following rates are the rates for Corporate Taxes in Morocco.
- 30 percent Normal rate
- 37 percent Rate fixed for banks, Bank Al Maghrib, CDG, companies for insurance and reinsurance as well as leasing companies.
- Tax rate of 8.8%
Optional for foreign companies that have obtained an assembly or construction contract and establishing a business in Morocco
Every company are required to pay a tax of one or the other (whichever is the highest):
- 0.5 percent of annual sales.
Valid for one year.
processing takes about up to 5-7 days
- The amount for corporate tax can’t be less than a minimum contribution (MC)which calculates base of the operating revenues (excluding VAT ) that is required by law.
- The minimum contribution isn’t payable by companies in the first 36-month period following the beginning of their operations with the exception of companies that are operating.
- The MC must not be lower than 1500 DH and should be made in one payment, prior to the close in the 3rd month that follows the beginning of the financial year.
- Name of the Taxpayer
- Taxpayer Identification Number
- Trade Name, Business Name of the Taxpayer
- Bank Details
- Name of Bank
- Branch of Bank
- Account Number
- The type of employment
- Total Income Chargeable Income Total Tax Payable
- Information about Salary paid as well as tax relief for individuals that is deducted from employees
The Document is required
The Moroccan taxation system is comprised of indirect and direct taxes. Indirect taxes are a larger source of tax revenue than direct taxes. Moroccan companies must adhere to a one-stop tax system dubbed”corporate tax” (impt sur les Socits orS).Corporate Taxes on income and earnings earned by businesses as well as other legal entities in Morocco.
The Corporate tax is mandatory to the earnings and income of public institutions, and other corporations which conduct lucrative transactions and, on an irrevocable foundation to partnerships.
Both non-resident and resident businesses must pay tax on corporate income on the income they earn from Morocco. Residents are companies that are registered in Morocco or have their own headquarters for effective management in Morocco. All foreign companies having a permanent office in Morocco are taxed on profits derived locally.