How To Apply for a Foreign Investor Entry Permit In American Samoa
- Collect all the documents that you’ll need to show or provide to get the permit. The applicant has present to the Attorney General a current evidence of being a part of an organization that has been granted the certificate of foreign investment and a valid passport, as well as the passport of an immediate family member who is seeking the permit.
- Fill out an application.
- Complete the application with the other documents required.
- Make payment for the fee of application.
- Your application will be examined through the attorney general’s office . This may take between 15 and 30 days following the receipt of an application that is complete. The Attorney General who will decide if they want to accept or decline your request.
Documents that are required Foreign Investor Entry Permit
- Application is complete
- Copy of birth certificates of applicants, his partner and children who are dependent on him;
- A sworn declaration of the applicant’s education background and accomplishments, as well as the background of employment and business experience;
- Three reference letters with good character from relatives or relatives not related to them;
- Health certificate of the applicant as well as his spouse or dependent child;
- Proof of the current nationality of applicant his spouse, and the dependent children;
- Background report from an international investigative agency that is acceptable;
- Certified financial report by a certified and registered public accounting firm
- The evidence that the applicant has provided or secured financing for an investment that is at minimum one million dollars (one million U.S. dollars) for an individual company which has been granted an approval letter for the issuance of a certificate of foreign investment within American Samoa, with such investment already escrowed at American Samoa in a designated suitable, insured, financial institution or
- The applicant must prove that they have already made at least $250,000 (two hundred fifty thousand U.S. dollars) in an honest corporation or partnership capitalized at not under $5,000,000 (five millions U.S. dollars) registered in American Samoa with an approval letter for an investment certificate from a foreign country;
- Six passport-sized photos that will be stamped on the back with words. “This is a genuine photo of (name of the applicant)” and that the applicant has signed it; the same applies to spouses as well as dependent children.
- Three original documents of the applicant’s signature.
Office Locations and Contacts
American Samoa Attorney GeneralOffice Number(s):
1 (684) 633-4163
1- (684) 633-7504 Fax:
1 (684) 633-4964
Mail Address: LA@as.gov
What Are All The Eligibility
- An investor from another country that can show proof that is involved in a foreign investment which is approved for or granted an investment certificate.
- The applicant can also apply for to get a permit for the household (spouse as well as two children dependent on the applicant) .
- Family is the spouse, and no more than 2 biological kids or children through legal adoption, in effect for at the end of the year preceding the year of application for an entry permit for any person involved in an undertaking that has the application for a certificate that permits foreign investment was granted.
The fee is non-refundable and equal to 500 dollars (five hundred U.S. dollars) for any participant accepted into an organization that has been granted the certificate of foreign investment that includes couple and their dependent kids.
Foreign permit for entry to investors gives holders of the permits the following rights and rights: entry and exit at any time and for any duration, from and to American Samoa. The entry permit has no other effect than to allow entry and exit only for purpose of foreign investment. It will not grant the permit holder any right to own land, vote, elective office, have permanent residenceor the right for United States nationality or citizenship.
The permit for foreign investors is valid for a year. It is revalidable every subsequent year for so long as the authorized enterprise remains operating and the other requirements are satisfied with the exception of revocation upon the terms specified by the law or regulation.
The Attorney General’s office is the one who will examine the application. It will issue or deny the foreign investor permit. The process could be completed in about 15 days after acceptance of the application.
Applications for a foreign investment entry permit are made to the Attorney General of American Samoa.
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the present address for both residents as well as the business
- Contact numbers
The Document is required Foreign Investor Entry Permit
Foreign investors refer to an individual who is not a citizen of the United States nationality or citizenship or permanent residence within American Samoa, who is accepted for participation in an enterprise initiative which has been given the certificate of foreign investment.
Here is a step-by-step guideline on how to get an foreign investor entry permit for American Samoa.
Information that could be helpful
Refusal of application
In the event that the application is denied to the applicant by Attorney General, or his designee, the Attorney General must state the reason for denial in a written communication sent to applicants. The Attorney General will also inform and direct the escrow agent or company to pay the applicant the entire amount of the investment in deposit.
- American Samoa Bar Association: