Apply for a new Account with revenue Authority In Uganda By Yourself
- Visit any of the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) offices near you, walk up to the counter, and ask for the application form.
- Take the time to read the instructions carefully and then fill out the form in a timely manner. If you are unable to follow the instructions, ask for help from the staff.
- If you don’t have an passcode or TIN Number Please inform the officer, who will provide you one via your email address.
- Complete the form with all the necessary documentation to an official who will confirm that all information is correct and will input all of your data into the URA computer system.
- you will receive an email that will appear on the screen that states that your Login ID as well as password will be sent to you via your registered email within a couple of days
- After you’ve received your Login ID and password, you are now able to login and log in to the URA Portal on the eService’s website.
- The first thing you must have prior to opening an account is a valid TIN Number You can obtain in the nearest URA office or on the website absolutely no cost.
- With your TIN Number in you, go to the URA website. Register Onlineand then click “login to create an account”
- Under “Need assistance with login” Click on “don’t have a portal account”
- Then you’ll be asked to enter your ID number, passcode, registration effective date , and form either non-individual or individual .i.e. personal details, email address, residential address
- Click on” verify” after confirming that all information is accurate, and you’ll get an email that will be displayed on the screen that states that your Login ID and password will be sent to you through your registered email within a few days .Then you can click “close” to close the website.
- After you’ve received an email with your Login account ID as well as password,, you are now able to login and log in to the URA web site eService’s portal.
Required Documents For Apply for a new Account with revenue Authority
- Number of TIN
- Email address
- Information about the address of your residence
- National identity card
Office Locations and Contacts
UGANDA REVENUE AuthorityURA Headquarters’ Plot M193/M194,
Nakawa Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 7279 Kampala
Phone: +256 414744000, 0800117000 (toll free)
Liste of URA services
- It is compulsory all taxpayers to open an account with the Uganda Revenue Authority
- Free without charge
- The validity of your account is for life
- A few days, based on the number of applications that are in the queue
- You must visit the Uganda Revenue Authority to obtain an TIN number. Once there, going to URA’s website. URA website.
The Information You Need
- The full names of the applicants
- The email address of the applicant’s email address
- The applicant’s TIN number
- The address of residence of the applicant
- Effective Date of Registration
The Document is required
- A URA account is required for all tax payers in Uganda The same account can be used to solve other tax-related issues. In contrast to the past, when things were handled in a manually, without a requirement, the current situation has changed with the introduction of the e-Tax system which, unless stated otherwise stated, taxpayers are required by law to have accounts linked to URA
Other uses for the document/certificate
- The account can be used for; Motor vehicle registration/validation/transfer, registering taxable payments, filing returns, stamp duty taxes and very many others as per ones requirements and or obligations