Apply for a New Driver License In Jamaica By Online
Apply In Person
- In order to apply for a new driver’s licence, you have to apply at the Island Traffic Authority (ITA),but you need to first get a temporary drivers license from the Local Inland Revenue Department or Tax Office. The entire procedure for obtaining the provisional driver’s licence on the wikiprocedure site (JamaicaApplication to get a Provisory Driver License)
- After you’ve obtained the provisional driver’s license follow the driving instruction of an experienced driver who has a valid driver’s license. your instructor must teach you the basics of mechanical skills.
- Apply for an updated driver’s license at any that is part of Island Traffic Authority (ITA), Tax Office or download an electronic version from the Tax Administration Jamaica (TAJ) website: Link scroll down to locate “Form F7 Request for driver’s Licence Transaction(s)” You can also download an application directly from the following link: Link
- Complete the application form in accordance with the instructions and then present it to an attorney of piece or an officer in charge of police or an attorney to sign off on the application.
- Pay the driver’s licensing exam fee of $1000 to the Tax Office or the nearest exam station (debit/credit credit card is only accepted) and collect the receipt for payment.
- Call for the Island Traffic Authority (ITA) in your area to make an appointment to take the driver’s test
- When you are scheduled when you are scheduled to visit, go to your ITA with your driver’s license as well as the payment for your driver’s license exam receipt, which is attached to the certified form for requesting a driver’s license.
- Complete the request to an ITA representative at the desk of service to verify.
- After verification, you’ll be tested for the ability to read along with road code and mechanical expertise. If needed, you’ll be required to take an examination in the yard which you must be able to pass before proceeding to take a full paragraph of the test
- Then the examination department will enter your results into their system and forward your documents(Certificate of Competence) to a specified Tax office for processing of your driver’s license
- Check out the Tax office to pick up your certification of competency was issued and pay the licence charges at the cashier. You will also receive the payment receipt.
- An official will then require that you complete the required forms and might require you to take an examination of your reading.
- The official will verify your details in their database and take a photo and it will be noted on your driver’s license , and issued to you.
Required Documents For Apply for a New Driver License
- Form for applying to compete
- Receipt for payment
- Provisional driver’s license
Office Locations and Contacts
- Anyone over the age of 17 and possessing an active provisional driver’s license
- Examiner’s fee for driver’s license $1,000
- New general: $2,300.00
- The private new price: $1,550.00
- New motor cycle: $1,300.00
- Five years
Documents to Utilize
- Application form: Link
- Within 3 working days
- Take note of the application form to obtain a driver’s licence is multi-purpose. It is important to select the appropriate checkbox to submit the proper application. The application is in section A. [form.ie Link] in the section that is under Transaction(S) select ” Issue (new applicant)” or click “ Issue (new applicant)”
- The type of application
- Class of license
- General information
The Document is required
A valid driver’s license shows that you’re allowed to operate a vehicle on the roads of Jamaica while driving with no license is considered a traffic violation that is punishable under law.
Other uses of the document or certificate
- The driver’s license is used to prove identity.