Apply for Access to Official Documents from the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development In Jamaica By Online
Application In Person
- In order to apply for accessibility to documents from the official government, you must send your application for access to official documents through the Ministry of Local Government &Rural Development. You can find the ministry’s contact details by clicking here: Link
- Download the application form on the Access To Information (ATI) resource page using this hyperlink: Link or directly from using this hyperlink: Link
- The form can be completed by filling it out electronically with your computer or print it out and fill it out by hand. Make sure you are exact as you can when providing the information you want to access. You could also compose an official letter asking access to information rather than the application form.
- Once you’ve filled out the application, you can submit it in person to the office of the Minister by hand to the ATI unit
- After receiving your application, ATI will send you an acknowledgement of your request within the 30 day period following acceptance of your application
- They will process your request and will notify you by email or email address once all the details you asked for are made available in the manner you requested.
- Pay for the documents in accordance with the number of copies you’d like to submit for. You can, however, ask for the waiver, remission or reduction in those fees.
- Once you have paid, your information will be packaged and sent to you.
Apply via Email
- You can also submit your complete application by email through this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the application form on the Access To Information (ATI) Resources page by clicking the following link: Link or directly from using this hyperlink: Link
- It is possible to fill out the form using either filling it out electronically on your computer, or printing it and filling it out by hand. Make sure you are exact as you can when explaining the information you wish to access. It is also possible to write an official letter asking access to information rather than the application form.
- Once you have completed the form, scan and send it to the Ministry of Local Government & Community Development through this email address for processing: email@example.com
- On receipt of your application, ATI will send you an acknowledgment of your request within the 30 day period following acceptance of your application
- They will process your application and will contact you with your contact information once the requested information is available.
- You must pay for the information in accordance with the number of copies you’d like to submit for. However, you may apply for an exemption, remission, or reduction in those fees.
- After payment, the data will be packaged and sent to you.
Required Documents For Apply for Access to Official Documents from the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development
- Application form or written letter
- Reception of payment
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Local Government & Rural Development
Address Location: Address: Hagley Park Road, Kingston 10, Jamaica
Telephone: +1 (876) 618-7360-9
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or minister’email@example.com
Contact details: Link
You are entitled to any information, unless they:
- impact security, defense, or international relations
- have to do with law enforcement
- Are subject to legal privilege
- impact on the national economy
- reveal government’s deliberative processes
- concern business transactions
- are related to heritage sites
- impact personal privacy
- are Cabinet Documents
- For more information on fees, please click here: Link
Documents to Utilize
- Application form: Link
- It will process the application in 30 to 60 working days.
- The application could be given to a different government agency if the information you requested is in the possession of that another entity, or if the nature of what you asked for is more closely linked to the agency’s work.
- The transfer must take place within 14 days following the receiving your application by the government agency that originally issued your application and you should be informed of the transfer, and provided with the information of the government body receiving it and its personnel.
The Information You Need
- The description of documents
- The application’s details
Documentation is needed
- You are able to access official documents for information from the ministry to use for personal or for official use.
- MINISTRY OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT & RURAL DEVELOPMENT:Link