Apply for a passport In Myanmar By Online
Citizens from other countries who apply
To apply a new passport, initially online appointment has to be taken at the website of the Embassy for example for citizens living in Singapore visit www.mesingapore.org.sg.
The appointment is scheduled, and the applicant must be at the Embassy by 8:00 am. then proceed towards Passport Counter (1) for opening files/taking photo/thumb impressions and signing for the application for new passport.
The completed applications for a new passport as well as the payment of tax on income completed by those who have already obtained the number in the queue to apply for to get a fresh passport are examined by the Counter No.1 between 0800hrs and 1300hrs.
Citizen who is applying for Myanmar
Documents must be submitted in a local police station, or passport office
The applicant has to have cleared at the police station(right currently not in the moment) How do you get a recommendation letters? Do you have to inquire.
Complete the application form
Documents will be checked for authenticity
The application fees must be paid.
Make a photo
After all documents are acknowledged, the applicant will receive an appointment time to show up and pick up the passport.
Required Documents For Apply for a passport
- Birth certificate
- ID card
- Certificate from the school
- National card for scrutinization
- The registration lists of family members
People seeking a passport for employment have to submit the “appointment letter from overseas”
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Immigration & Population,
Office Building ( 48 ),
Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
All Myanmar citizens are eligible. Myanmar are eligible
The applicant has to pay an amount of 25,000 kyats.
A red passport can be used for five years while the green passport is valid can be used for 3 years.
- Government officials are issued the green passport. Diplomats receive the blue passport. The rest of the citizens get the red passport. Ordinary citizens of Myanmar are able to obtain two passports
- The first type, also known as the “temporary passport” is available in Bangkok at a cost of around THB15K comprising a two-year visa and the standard 90-day border bounce. The passport is valid only however to traveling across Thailand and Myanmar and must be accompanied by a valid work permit (obtained following the passport) in the event that the holder of the passport wants returning to Thailand.
- The other is an “real” passport that is that is valid worldwide. people who want to apply for a passport must apply in person. However, those with disabilities or do not have the time or are “old” or otherwise ill may apply for a proxy
- People who make mistakes in the application form for their personal details such as misspellings, or incorrect dates, will be susceptible to fines and the application process will be denied.
- Applicant name
- ID not
- Birth date
- Birthplace of the child
- Date of publication
- Signature of authorizing officer
- Applicant signature
Need to have the Document
The Burmese passport or Myanmar passport are the official passports that is issued to citizens and citizens of Burma (officially known as “the Republic of the Union of Myanmar”).
Three types of stamps are made available by Ministry of Home Affairs.
Other uses for the document/certificate
- As a proof of citizenship
- For identification purposes.