How to Single Status Certificate In Mozambique

Single Status Certificate In Mozambique By Online

It is recommended to adhere to the guidelines of certain authorities consider essential. Couples who want to marry outside of the country will require a special form of documentation. In the beginning, couples need submit a declaration which is processed by the local office, where marriage documents are prepared. It must come from the state in which you reside in Mozambique. In this declaration will be noted the fact that there was not any marriages in recent times.

Because these kinds of documents are required to be used for foreign participation, one is required to have a account of the local or state registrar or declaration that is authenticated for work abroad.

  • Visit the Civil Registry office where marriages are recorded.
  • Bring in and sign the necessary documents.
  • Fill out a form and then declare.
  • Pay the amount.

Required Documents For Single Status Certificate

  • National identity card or passport.
  • Address proof.
  • If you divorce by Decree Absolute.
  • If widowed or divorced, Death Certificate of the previous partner (and marriage certificate).
  • In the event that your address has changed through Deed Poll the proof is required.
  • The applicable fee.

Office Locations and Contacts

Ministry of JusticeAddress 33 Julius Nyerererere, Maputo.
Phone: 258-21-491613, 490940
Fax: 258-21-494264

Diplomatic and Consular Missions


For non-nationals who wish to get married in a different country, you’ll likely have to provide legally valid documentation from the country you are a citizen of which proves that you are single and you are able to marry. This is referred to as a “Certificate of No Impediment and is also known as a ‘Certificate De Coutume’, ‘Certificate de Nulla Osta’, or a “Certificate for Freedom to Marry’.


Be aware that a basic Single Status Certificate or Certificate of No Impediment could not be sufficient by itself to permit an event to be held in a foreign nation. It is possible that you will be required by authorities of the country to adhere to the followingrequirements, so please make sure you give enough time to process.

  • Certificates could require translation.
  • Certificates might need to be certified or exchanged for an local version that is approved by your Consulate or Embassy in the country in which you plan to get married.
  • Certificates could require legalization i.e. authentically stamped, also known in the field of Apostille.
  • Certificates could require witnesses sign an Affidavit affirming that you’re allowed to marry and it is attached to the.

The Information You Need

  • Full Name
  • Number of ID or Passport
  • Place of Birth and Date of Birth
  • Nationality
  • Statement
  • Date
  • The signature of the individual who signs the declaration
  • Signature of witnesses

The Document is required

An Single Status Certification, sometimes called No Marriage Affidavit Certificate of Freedom to marry or Certificate of Non Impediment is a legally certified statement that confirms that you are able to marry.

Overseas wedding authorities usually require further proof that the person is eligible to get married. This could be an admission in the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages that there is no evidence of the individual being married previously or a single status certificate or “No Records Result”.

Information that can be useful

In a sworn affidavit, the applicant affirms that they are the person claims to be. It is a Single Status letter or an Affidavit that states that they can and are permitted to marry and other things. Be aware that one characteristic of The Single Status Affidavit is that is not a document issued by the government but rather an affidavit from the person who signed it who has signed it in front of the notary public. A fascinating aspect about this kind documents is the fact that it has numerous names that are used for it. Take a check out this table: “Single Status Statutory Declaration” or”Single Status Statutory Declaration “Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” or the “Single Status Certificate” or “Free-to-marry declaration”.

Certificate of no impediment for marriage

It is available through the area’s department of foreign affairs or the Embassy in the country in where you’re getting married.

Certificate of Single Status/Sworn Affidavit stating that you are not in a position to get married.

They are like a Certificate of No Impediment However, instead, you must swear that you are a single person before a legal representative.

Other uses for the document/certificate

A Bride & Groom to be married should provide, the country of their citizenship and individual certificates of no impediment or the Certificate of Single Status/Sworn Affidavit to prove that they are single and are eligible to marry. This is also referred to as an affidavit of single-status or a negative declaration of marriage. This form of documentation can be found from the Bureau of Vital statistics in the city in which they reside.

External Links


Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation

Portal for Mozambique’s Government of Mozambique

Ministry List and the addresses of their websites


If you’re planning to get married in a different country, you could require an official Certificate of Non-Impediment. This document comes in a variety of names, including Declaration of Non-Impediment for Marrying, Statutory Declaration of Single Status Affidavit of Intentional Marriage, Statement in lieu of Certificate of Non-Impediment for Marriage abroad and Certificate de Coutume, a Certificate of Non Impediment or Certificate of Nulla Osta Certificate of Independence to Marry , or simply being you are free to get married.

The certificates differ in terms of the validity it can be limited to be just a couple of months. Certain countries require certificates to not be older than two or three months prior to the date the wedding. So, it is crucial to research the requirements that will apply to your particular situation and pay special consideration to timeframes when applying for the Certificate that says No Impediment.



Leave a Comment