How to Apply for a Permit to Export Milk or Milk Products In Malawi

Apply for a Permit to Export Milk or Milk Products In Malawi By Yourself

  1. To get a permit to export milk or other Milk Products one is required to contact to the Department of Animal Health and Livestock Development (DAHLD) office. Link to contact
  2. Candidates should include all required information on the form of application.
  3. Candidates must have both originals and photocopies of all documents needed to complete the process.
  4. Documents needed to finish this procedure are listed in”Required Documents” in the “Required documents” section on this page.
  5. The applicant should attach copies of documents and the original document is required along the application form before filling it out to the Department of Animal Health and Livestock Development (DAHLD) office and pay the fees for application.
  6. The DAHLD will review the application and send an inspector to conduct an inspection of the shipment.
  7. The inspector will collect portions of the product in samples and bring them to the laboratory of the government to test and the levels of bacterial as well as fats present found in milk can be evaluated to determine if they’re within the requirements of the standard.
  8. The inspector will prepare an inspection report and send this report to DAHLD director. If the items meet the standards and the export permit is issued, it will be issued.
  9. The applicant will then be notified via email or by phone to collect the permit.
  10. A person who is applying for the permit will be informed about the permits’ availability after 7 business days.
  11. The office is open to applicants to pick up their permits after they have received the notice.
  12. If there isn’t any notification from the concerned authorities after 7 days applicants can go to the office to inquire about how their applications are being processed.

Required Documents For Apply for a Permit to Export Milk or Milk Products

  • Fill out the application form.
  • Identification document.
  • Receipt for Payment.
  • Certificate of Registration for Food Products.
  • For Invoices Business License.
  • Certificate of TIN.
  • Certificate of incorporation.
  • Certificate of Registration for Dairy Stakeholders who own milk and Milk Products.
  • Proforma Invoice.
  • Animal Health Certificate.
  • List of Packing Instructions.
  • Commercial Invoice.
  • Authorization Letter from the Clearing Agent.
  • Airway Bill.

Office Locations and Contact

Director for Animal HealthDepartment of Animal Health and Industry
P.O. Box 2096
TELEPHONE :+(265) 1 750 455/751/349
Telephonefax :+(265) 1 755 912.
Contact: Link


Anyone who is a business owner from Malawi who wishes to export milk and Milk Products from Malawi to any other country in the world is qualified.


Contact the DAHLD to inquire about fees using the contact information provided above.


The permit for export is valid for one month.

Processing Time

A person who is applying for the permit will be informed about the approval of the permit after 7 business days.


  • Be sure to get all specifications from the country the applicant is planning to export to. This is because certain countries have strict rules which could deny entry if the applicant doesn’t follow the standard procedure.
  • The person must not export Milk and Milk Products out of the country without an export license issued by the Director.
  • Candidates must supply authentic details when applying for this process.
  • Candidates should ensure that they follow all the instructions given by authorities in the area properly.
  • The applicants must fill out the application form before sending. A non-completed application is rejected.

Requirements Information

  • Name of the applicant.
  • Name of the company.
  • The invoice’s Proforma number as well as the the date.
  • The Country from which the Origin.
  • Name of the manufacturer.
  • Signature and Stamp of the supplier.
  • Country that exports to.

Need to have the Document

A valid export license allows an individual to export milk or other milk products outside of Malawi.

External Links

Malawi Trade Portal: Link



Leave a Comment