Apply for Buying Centre Certificate in Nigeria
- To apply for a Buying Centre Certificate in person, the applicant must go to the Mining Cadastre Office within the Ministry of Mines and Steel Development (MMSD). Contact details and address are listed in the link below: Address details
- Visit the office and pick up an application form to apply for a Buying Centre Certificate.
- Complete the application with pertinent information within the sections. Affirm it by signing it when you’ve completed the form.
- After filling out an application for admission, be sure you’ve attached all the documents mentioned on the “Required Documents” section on this page.
- Then, you must submit it to the authority responsible at the office in three copies with all the necessary documents. Finally, pay the necessary processing fees at the MCO.
- Once your application is submitted, your application along with any supporting documents will be sent to additional confirmations.
- When all internal processes have been completed and the applicants have been informed, via any appropriate method, of the additional instructions on the certification.
Required Documents For Buying Centre Certificate
- Certificate of Incorporation of the company as well as other documents of incorporation.
- Letter of application stating the kind of minerals that will be owned or bought.
- The evidence of a technically proficient person like Geologist who has COMEG accreditation.
- Tax clearance certificate issued by the business.
- Attestation of non-conviction in an offence that is criminal by an attorney Practitioner.
- Reference Letter to the Banker.
- Letter of agreement from the holder of the Mineral title to be bought or owned.
- Paying the prescribed fee.
Office Locations and Contacts
What are all the Eligibility
- It is the Mineral Buying Centre License is necessary for industries or businesses that plan to process mineral resources in Nigeria. It is also important to any company that decides to store minerals, whether for a short period or for a long time.
- The price for the Centre Certificate of Purchase Centre Certificate is fixed at approximately N30,000.
- Note The processing fee an experienced professional who handles this procedure will be expected to be much greater than the stated official cost.
The period of time is 1 year with the possibility of renewal.
The document is needed
- The reason for the license is to regulate and approve any facility that will contain mineral resources to be stored. Any company who wants to use warehousing facilities for diverse quantities of materials with the purpose of storage or trading them can get this license.
Information that can be useful
- The requirements to obtain a Mineral Buying Centre License are the same as those for Possess and Purchase License. However, each applicant to be granted the license has to have a warehouse that can serve the purpose prior to submitting the application. This is because the facility will be checked prior to the issue for the permit.