Apply For Cancel Business Registration in Hong Kong
- Let to the Business Registration Office that you want to terminate your business registration by writing. The business registration number or branch registration number as well as your name, address, and date of cessation must be clearly stated within the correspondence. It is also necessary to include your address for correspondence after the cessation date and your contact number. You can also submit the information on IRC Formula 3113.
- If you are liquidation of a limited company it is also necessary to provide a copy the liquidation resolution special to you.
- Once the required documents the Commissioner will look into abrogating the issue of additional demand notes for fee registration and levies on the basis of years that follow the year when the winding-up began. In any case both fees have to be paid until and including the year when the winding-up began.
- You may make the announcement of termination in person or via post. To ensure the authenticity of the notice received, submission via facsimile transmission is not accepted.
Required Documents For Cancel Business Registration
- Notice of cessation in writing, or complete IRC Form 3113
- If you are liquidation of a limited company it is also recommended to forward an official copy of the resolution to liquidate.
Office Locations and Contacts
Inland Revenue Department
In Person Enquiries4/F, Revenue Tower
5. Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Monday through Friday
8:30 am until 5:45 at
Apply for Business Registration or exempt from business registration 2594 3149
The Change of Business Registry Information 2594 3145
Exemption from the Payment of Registration Fees for Businesses & Levy 2594 3130
General Information regarding Business Registration Service: 2594 3146
Monday through Friday
8:15 am until 12:30 pm
from 1:30 to 5:30 at
The Information You Need
- Corporate registration registration number/branch registration
- Name of the applicant Address
- Date of expiration
Address for correspondence following cessation, and contact phone number
Documentation is needed
If you decide to close your business or any part or division of the business you will be obliged to notify the Business Registration Office in writing within one month of the date of termination. This procedure gives you details about how to cancel any business license within Hong Kong.
Other uses for the document/certificate
- Each company that is registered with Hong Kong under the Companies Ordinance (Cap.622) no matter regardless of whether it is operating is deemed to be a person who is carrying on business. It is required to get an annual business registration document until the business is dissolved or is registered pursuant to the Companies Ordinance.
- Failure to send notification on time: Anyone who fails to make notifications on time is guilty of an offense and is subject to a fine of $5,000 and a prison sentence of one year.