How To Apply for Driver License In Canada
- Visit the Driving License Office to apply for an driver’s license.
- Confirm your identity as well as address.
- The applicant must provide the necessary information and documents that meet the requirements.
- Send the documents along with any other supporting documents required.
- The application will be reviewed. If it is approved the driver’s licence application is approved.
- Make sure you pay the charges.
Documents that are required Apply for Driver License
- Operator’s license in Canada, also known as an identification card
- Driver’s licence photo (from an other jurisdiction)
- Valid Canadian Passport
- The NEXUX Card
- Canadian Armed Forces Identification Card
- Secure Certificate in the form of an Indian Status (SCIS) Card (Federally issued)
- Municipal, Provincial or Federal Police Force Identification.
- A valid passport from another country and the proper documents for immigration
- Permanent Resident Cards.
- Birth or marriage Certificate (original or authenticated)
- Utility statements, like telephone, cable, gas and electricity
- Work Visa Student Visa, Permanent Resident Card
- Canada Citizenship Certificate (issued after February 1st in 2012)
- Receipts from taxation
- Tax bill for property
- Insurance policy documents (life, auto, residential, etc.)
- Government assistance document(s) (e.g. Income Support document.cheque, etc)
- Canadian birth certificate
- Permanent Resident Card
- Citizenship Card
- Canadian Passport
- documents that prove of your status as the Alberta citizen (i.e. Utility bills and other bills sent in an address in Alberta) Alberta address)
Office Locations and Contacts
What Are All The Eligibility
Canada’s age for driving is determined by province, provincially. typically, it’s 16 years old to be able to learn, and also the driving age for solo drivers.
5-year licence renewal – $75
The driver’s license will be valid for five years beginning on the date of your birthday.
- The procedure for getting the driver’s license in Canada is based of the region or province where you reside and also on your driving history.
- You might have to take an exam in writing about how to drive (study guidebooks are readily available) as well as one or more driving test.
- You can purchase driving lessons in order to help you prepare for the driving test (you may search on the internet for driving lessons).
If you are granted obtained a license, it’ll need to be renewed regularly (see the expiry date printed on the license).
The Document is required Driver License
In Canada Driver’s licenses in Canada can be issued through the authorities in the territory or province which the driver lives.