Apply for Electricity Connection In Benin By Yourself
- Go to your local BEDC power Plc branch near you to fill out the application form. Alternatively, click the button below to download : (application application form)
- Complete the form and send it to the official in attendance to verify and process the form. If all information’s are correct you are officially registered.
- A BEDC inspector will be sent to the site for an assessment in order to find out the approximate price of the materials used to connect the layout.
- Then, you will be required to pay for the estimate and then present the invoice to BEDC offices for the transfer to be completed.
- Once you have presented the receipt of payment, you will receive the external work, installation of the meter and electric flow in a period of 10 days.
Required Documents For Apply for Electricity Connection
- Passport photo
- Valid identification document
Office Locations and Contacts
Benin Electricity distribution corporation Plc (BEDC):
5, Akpakpava Street, Benin City, Edo State
Another location Link
Hours of operation: 08:00 am until 5:00pm Monday through Friday, excluding the public holidays.
- The service is available to everyone
- You will receive an estimated cost for the quotation.
- The connection is in effect for a lifetime unless you don’t cover your electric monthly bill and this causes the being disconnected from the service by BEDC
Documents to Utilize
- Within a month
The Information You Need
- The details of the applicant
- Details of the address at which the supply is needed
- The type of the premise
- Utilization of the premises
- Name /address of employer/business/reference person (where applicable)
- Identification number
- The applicant’s declaration
Need to have the Document
- Connectivity to the electricity supply in Benin is provided through BEDC Electricity Plc.