Apply for Extension of Embedded Power (Electricity) Generation License or Permit in Nigeria by yourself
- To apply for an Extension of embedded power (Electricity) Generator License or Permit in person, the applicant needs to go to an office at Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission.
- Contact details and address from the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission can be found below. contact page
- Visit the office to obtain an application form to apply for an Extension of Tenure of License from the department responsible. Click here to download the the form.
- Complete the application forms using the correct information in the relevant sections.
- Make sure to tick”Embedded” in the “Embedded” option under the “Generation” category in section 2.0 because the application is intended for Extension from EmbeddedPower (Electricity) Generation License or Permit.
- You can sign it after you have completed it. Be sure to attach all of the documents listed under the “Required Documents” section on this page.
- Then, you can submit your application in person at the appropriate office.
- Once the form is submitted, it along with additional documents can be sent to be examined and verified.
- After the verification and verification procedures are completed The application will then be accepted and officials will take the necessary actions to grant the permit.
- Once the license is ready to be collected applicants will be informed by the office. After that, the applicant is able to collect the document by any means that can be used.
- Pay a fee that is non-refundable for the application’s processing according to the instructions of the officers.
- After receiving the application On receipt of the Application, the Commission must notify the date of receipt and will issue an acknowledgement of the date of receipt to the applicant.
- After reviewing the Application, the Commission may ask the applicant to provide all additional data within the specified duration of time.
- If the applicant met the requirements of requirements of the Commission in this regard the Commission will issue an Resolution that the application was properly submitted.
- Within 30 days, the Commission will inform the applicant by letter that the Application was properly submitted and request that the applicant release an official Public Notice of Statutory Intent.
- The applicant must cause the announcement of the application for his personal expenses in the manner and form as prescribed by the Commission in at minimum two daily papers.
- The commission will consider any objections raised and hearings that are adjourned over.The conclusions resulting from the inquiry/hearing will be written down in written form.
- After a thorough review of the application and an investigation in the event of there is any after due consideration, the Commission will decide whether or not to issue the license.
- In the event that you are a member of the Commission and Commission is satisfied with the approval of a license after which the Commission will inform the applicant in writing of the approval, as well as the conditions that must be fulfilled as well as the fees to be paid prior to the grant of the license.
- If the Commission plans to deny the granting of a license the applicant must be informed by the applicant in writing of the reason for its decision giving the reasons behind the decision.
Required Documents for Extension of Embedded Power
- Registration Certificate
- Certificate of incorporation
- The Trust and Partnership Act
- Document proving the identity of the applicant
- Audited Financial Statements, as well as accounts for the last 3 years (Certified)
- Certificate of Tax Clearance for the previous three years
- Environmental Impact Assessment Report and approval
- Relevant agreement documents
- Occupancy Certificate for the Project Site
- Permits or consents for projects from the respective authorities and agencies
- Compact Disc with the electronic version of the application form
For further information on the requirements, please refer to the below document the list of documents that are required
Office Locations and Contacts
Headquarters, Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission,
Cadastral Zone A00,
Central Business District,
Abuja, F.C.T, Nigeria
Tel: +234-09-462-1400, 09-462-1410.
Contact contact information and link
What are all the Eligibility
- Any organization in Nigeria which has the license to use EmbeddedPower (Electricity) Generation inside the Republic is able to apply to have its license extended.
- The extension of the license term must be requested within the initial five (5) years of the original term for the licence.
Costs of Extension of Tenure, with respect to plant capacity follow the following formula:
1 – 10MW: N25,000.00
11 – 25MW: N75,000.00
Over 500MW: N300,000.00
EmbeddedPower (Electricity) Generation License or Permit Valid for 10 Years.
Documents to Utilize
Application form Link
The Commission will examine the request and decide whether to either grant or not extend the tenure in the space of 3 (3) months after the submission of a completed request to the Commission.
- The application must be completed by way of three (3) original copies on paper and an electronic version of the application in Microsoft Office software format contained on CD-Rom.
- Make sure to include two hard copies as well as an electronic copy of any supporting documents.
- All applications must be accompanied by the information required in the Application form in relation to the particular license sought.
- See section 15 of the document below for more details and guidelines rules
- Names of Applicant, Physical and Postal Address of the applicant
- Contact details
- Name and other specifics of the Business Proposal
- Contact information for the contact person
- Names of shareholders and other information
- Director’s List and Particulars
- Current license details (if any)
- Information about the ownership of affiliates
- Financial details
- Banking and Finance References details
- Proposed project description
The Document is required
Anyone who operates an EmbeddedPower Generation Plant must lodge an application and receive approval before it can extend its license in order to continue the power generation process in the plant for longer time period beyond the original license’s validity.
Information that could be helpful
- The applicant who is denied a licence is entitled to submit a proper representation in writing to Commission within twenty-one (21) days of receiving the notification from Commission within 21 (21) days from the date of receipt by the Applicant of the notice of the Commission of the denial of a license.
- The Commission will review the claim made by the applicant and If the representation is not successful or no representation is made, promptly inform the applicant in writing that the application for a license was rejected.
- The reasons behind refusing the license must be stated clearly in writing in the written response of the Commission to the applicant.