Apply for Foreign Sports Fishing Vessel Licence or Permit In Bermuda By Online
- Download your application forms online via the Bermuda government’s Bermuda site: websiteor download directly from the link in the “documents to be used” the section to follow.
- Complete the application form and send this to Department of Environment and Natural Resources at the Botanical Gardens, 169 South Road, Paget.
- Pay the application fee. Be aware that payments can be made in cash cheque, credit card or cheque i.e. Visa or MasterCard If you are paying with a cheque, pay the accountant General
- The department will review your application and then approve the application for licensure.
- The license is then processed and then issued to you.
Apply via Email or Fax:
- Download and fill out the application form that is provided in the “Document to Use” section below.
- Fill out the application form, and then submit it to Department of Environment and Natural Resources one week prior to arriving in Bermuda via sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 441-236-782
- Make payment for the application via online wire transfer with this Information: Application Form
- After receiving the application and payment after receiving the payment and application, the department will review your application according to the guidelines and give you feedback through the contact details you have provided when submitting your request.
Required Documents For Apply for Foreign Sports Fishing Vessel Licence or Permit
- Complete the application form
- Identification documents
Contact department of Department of Environment and Natural Resources for any additional information.
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Environment and Natural Resources:
Botanical Garden 169 South Road
Paget, Bermuda DV 04
A Mailing Address
P. O. Box HM 834 169
Hamilton, Bermuda HM CX
- Foreign Vessels
Documents to Utilize
- Formulary for application: Application form
Conditions for sports fishing:
- All vessels that are foreign-owned for sports fishing must possess a sport fishing vessel licence to be able to fish in Bermuda waters.
- A Bermuda license for a sports fishing vessel’s identification flag must be displayed on the port side of the vessel at all times it is involved in fishing activities . Flags are to be handed back to the Department of Environment and Natural Resources before leaving Bermuda
- The vessels can be examined by personnel from departmental officers of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources at anytime.
- Sport fishing vessels can be engaged in offshore pelagic fishing, but only. It is not permitted to fish on Bermuda. Bermuda platform isn’t allowed at any point in time.
- Operators and owners are required to keep records and provide catch and release information regarding their fishing.
- The arrival of any white or blue marlin has to be reported directly to the Marine Management Section at (441) 705-3474 within the first hour after the fish is boated to ensure it can then be examined by the Fisheries officers. However, efforts should be put into releasing any fish that is not large enough to be likely record breakers.
- Fish caught can’t be traded or traded.
- A foreign fishing vessel for sport license is not a valid way to allow the vessel to be chartered or provided for charter within Bermuda waters.
- Fishing vessels that are operated by sports fishermen are advised to keep the quantity of fish they are able to consume and then release any extra fish.
The Information You Need
- Name of the vessel
- Registration number
- Name of Captain
- Local and permanent contacts
- Crew members
- Vessel Description
- Signature and declaration
Need to have the Document
- The Sport Fishing License permits vessels to use sport fishing in Bermuda waters, as required by law.
Information that can be useful
- Catch limits and fishing restrictions: Fishing restrictions and limit on catch
- Government of Bermuda: Government of Bermuda