Apply for Extension of Period of Stay (For Visitors) In Bermuda by online
- You can download the application form via Bermuda’s Government of Bermuda website: Website or directly through this hyperlink: Form
- Complete the application form in a correct manner and attach all required documents, including the signed statement of your sponsor or host
- Together with your host/sponsor visit the immigration department and the compliant section to make your application from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon.
- The immigration officer will review your application and provide comments.
- Pay the fee for the extension and then await the Immigration decision
Note the initial stay of a visitor was prolonged to 90 days. be aware that any request for extensions beyond 90 days from the first 90 days are up to discretion by Department of Immigration. Department of Immigration.
Required Documents For Apply for Extension of Period of Stay (For Visitors)
- The completed application form, along with the signature of the sponsor or host (if relevant)
- The documents of travel such as a passport with which the tourist was taken to Bermuda should be current for at least 45 days beyond the planned departure date, in accordance with the Visas and Visa Controlled Nationals Policy
- The evidence of a confirmed reservation for return journey (for an entry point to which the applicant is granted the right to enter)
- Valid visa valid for those from the United States, Canada or United Kingdom (if required)
- Identification and signature for the local host or sponsor (i.e. passport, drivers licence or voter registration card) or
In the event of no host, a written confirmation of the accommodation provided by the hotel or guest house has to be given.
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Immigration:
Government Administration Building
30 Parliament Street
P.O. Box HM 1364
Immigration Office Opening Hours: 8:30a.m. until 5:00p.m.
Telephone: 441-295-5151 Ext. 1378
Contact numbers for other companies:
- Chief Immigration Officer Chief Immigration Officer Ext 1444
- Assistant Chief Immigration Officer: 441-295-5151
- The Personal Service Division
- Personal Services Manager Personal Services Manager Ext 1393
- Status and Long residents: 441-295-5151, Ext. 1952
- The Land & Travel Documents: 441-295-5151 Ext 1941
- Visas : 441-295-5151 Ext 1393
- Corporate Services (Work Permits) Division:
- The Corporate Services Manager is 441-295-5151 Ext . 1940
- Finance & Banking Industry: 441-295-5151 Ext 1534
- Service Industry: 441-295-5151 Ext 1388
- Government & Other Industries: 441-295-5151 Ext 1389
- Compliance Manager Compliance Manager Ext 1395
- Principal Compliance Officer Principal Compliance Officer: 441-295-5151 Ext 1950
- Compliance (Airport) Airport Compliance
- Administrator & Finance Manager Telephone: 441-295-5151, Ext 1943
- Immigration Hotline Call 441-296-5202
L.F. Wade International Airport:
3 Cahow Way
St. George’s GECX
- Bermuda Visitors to Bermuda who want to extend their stay beyond the time approved by Immigration officials upon their arrival.
- A stay that is not longer than 3 months $ 60
- A total stay of more that 3 months but less than 6 months: $120.
- The extension could be granted for a period of 3 months or less. A visitor could also be permitted to remain in Bermuda for that is longer than 3 months but not more than six months.
Documents to Utilize
- Visitors Extension Application Formula: Form
- The applicants must apply prior to when their current permit stamped on their passports and the immigration visa expires.
- The application must be made in person. Candidates must make an appointment the Immigration Official in the Compliance Section, with their hostor sponsor from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon, at the following location:
- Department of Immigration
- Government Administration Building
- 30 Parliament Street
- Hamilton HM 12
- Telephone 295-5151 Extensions: 50 or 1694
The Information You Need
- Information for Visitors
- Information about Travel Documents
- Reservations for flights
- The reasons for asking an extensions
- Host/Sponsor Information
The Document is required
- Visitors to Bermuda are permitted to remain in Bermuda for 90 days. They can apply for an extension by submitting an application Bermuda’s Department of Immigration.
- Government of Bermuda: Government of Bermuda