Apply for Healthcare Incentives in Jamaica In Jamaica By Person
How To Apply
- You can apply for the Healthcare Incentives via the Ministry of Health and Wellness Standards and Regulations Division of the Ministry of Health & Wellness. You can access their contact information via the Link link
- First, get your plans and drawings for the health facility approved by the Public Health Department of each Municipal Corporation (MC).
- Once your application has been approved, send a request letter or intention letter to the Registrar of Ministry of Health and Wellness. This will ask for your intent to be granted the status of a health facility under the healthcare incentives
- Once your letter of intent and all supporting information/documents have been completed, signed, stamped, and certified where required, you will need to visit the office of the MOHW to make your submission and pay the relevant fees. The fees will be determined by how many patients your facility can house.
- After receiving your application, MOHW will review it and confirm it meets the requirements. Then they will prepare a formal Report on the application and forward it the MOHW’s Registration committee for further consideration.
- The recommendation of the Registration Committee will then be sent to the CMO committee, chief medical officer, for final approval
- After the CMO approves your application, MOHW will forward it to the following government agencies.
- Incentives Unit of Jamaica Customs Agency
- Legal Support Division, Tax Administration Jamaica (TAJ).
- These agencies will verify your application and provide feedback to the ministry. After receiving feedback from these agencies, the ministry will notify you via a proper channel about the final decision regarding your application.
- JCA will approve your application and enter your data into the Automated System for Customs Data platform (ASYCUDA).
- You will be notified by the MOHW that your Healthcare Facility Status is approved. To collect your Healthcare Facility Status Certificate, which will be displayed publicly, you will need to visit their offices.
- You will also be eligible for incentives related to the healthcare industry.
Documents Required For Healthcare Incentives
- Let us know your intentions
- Approved plans and drawings of your healthcare facility
- Receipt of payment
Find Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Health and Wellness
Standards and Regulations Division
10-16 Grenada Way
Telephone: 1 (876) 633-7433/633-8172
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Friday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Contact details: Link
Jamaica Customs Agency (JCA)-Head Office
Address: Myers Wharf Newport East, Kingston 15.
Tel. 876 922 5140-8, 922 8770-3
Public Relations Unit (General Customer Service).
Tel: 876 948-7849Toll Free:1 888 287 8667
Information Management Unit (IMU), IT Helpdesk
Tel. 876 750 3330 or 750 3370 or 750 347
Tariff Unit + Tel. 876 967 3495
What are the Eligibility
- To be eligible for the Productive Inputs Relief scheme (PIR), you must first register as a Healthcare facility with the regulating Ministry MOHW. Only businesses that have been approved by MOHW can benefit from the PIR scheme
- Fee for less than 25 patients is JMD5000
- Fee for 25 patients or more: JMD10000
- The incentive is good for the life of the health facility
- Within 20 working days, the application will be processed
- The PIR does not cover the additional stamp duty and import duties. All other port charges are payable by companies in the healthcare industry
- To obtain information about items that are being imported for use within the Healthcare industry, you should contact a licensed Customs broker.
- Owners details
- Information about facilities
- Address details
- Capacity of the facility
- Sign and declare
You will need the document
- To be eligible for the healthcare incentives, your status as a healthcare facility must be approved by health ministry
- Government of Jamaica: link