How to Apply For International Driver Permit (IDP) in Hong Kong

Apply For International Driver Permit (IDP) in Hong Kong

  • Complete your application on Fill out the application form.
  • Be sure to have a new and two passport-sized photos.
  • You can make an appointment on this website or calling the Hotline : 3763 8080 You can go to the office address listed under the Office Locations and Contacts on this page.
  • You will be required to pay for the fees required and then you’ll be issued with an International Driver Permit (IDP).

Required Documents For International Driver Permit

  • Two brand new and recently released photos
  • Completed application form

Office Locations and Contacts

On-line appointment bookingBook appointment online : Appointment Booking On-line

or call hotline or Hotline: 37638080

  • Hong Kong Licensing Office, 3/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Hong Kong. (near Exit D of the Admiralty MTR Station) Location Map Link to GeoInfo Map
  • Kowloon Licensing Office, 2/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon. (near Exit C of the Sham Shui Po MTR Station) Link to the Location Map to GeoInfo Map
  • Kwun Tong Licensing Office, 5/F, Kowloon East Government Office, 12 Lei Yue Mun Road, Kowloon. (near the exit D4 from Kwun Tong MTR Station) Link to Map of Location to GeoInfo Map
  • Sha Tin Licensing Office, 2/F, Sha Tin Government Offices, 1 Sheung Wo Che Road, Sha Tin, New Territories. (near Exit B of the Sha Tin MTR Station) Location Map Link to GeoInfo Map

The hours of service for each of the Licensing Offices is as the following:

  • Monday through Friday from Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. until 5 p.m. (open for lunch hours)

The offices close on Saturdays Sunday, Monday and on Public Holidays.


Fees-related information: Fee Information


Permits are valid for one calendar year beginning from the date of issue

Documents to Utilize

Forms for application that can be used to: Application Formulas

The document is needed

This process provides you with details on how you can apply for the International Driver permit (IDP) in Hong Kong. If you’re a Hong Kong resident holding a Hong Kong full driving licence and want to travel abroad then you can apply for the issuance of the International Driving Permit (IDP).



Leave a Comment