How To Apply for International Driver Permit In Gabon
- The applicant needs to visit the office of the Automobile Association of Gabon and choose the application forms to apply to obtain the International Drivers Licence/permit (IDP)
- The applicant is then required to fill out the form.
- The applicant goes to a specified bank and pay a fee to obtain the license
- The applicant is then required to submit an application form that is filled in with an original Gabon driver’s license, passport photo and proof of payment for fees
- The applicant waits several days to receive an International Drivers licence to be processed.
Documents that are required International Driver Permit
- Photocopies of your current valid Gabon drivers ‘ license.
- A passport-sized photograph with the signature of the applicant in the back.
- A fully completed IDP Application form.
- The proof of payment for fees applying for the license .
Office Locations and Contacts
Ministry of Transportation & Civil Aviation
Bote Postale 2087,
Telephone number: 241 (1) 747-197
Fax : 241 (1) 747-198
What Are All The Eligibility
- Any holder of an active Gabon Driver’s License and any foreign driver’s license that has not less than one-year before expiration.
- They must also be 18 years old.
1 one year $60.00 2 weeks
- $100.00 3-4 days
- Five-year International Driving License holder $60.00 2 weeks
- $100.00 4 days
International Driver’s Licenses are good for one calendar year, or five Jahre from the day of the issue
14-30 working days
- Owners with an International Drivers license need to obtain a regular driving permit to operate a vehicle within the Gabon.
- An ordinary driving permit serves as an evidence of the applicant’s ability in driving and is not requiring you to take any additional driving lessons and tests. Gabon.
- All you have to do is fill out the application form and you’ll begin traveling across the border, without worrying about it.
- International Driving Permits can’t be given to holders of provisional licenses issued in Gabon.
- It is important to make sure that the information in your Gabon Drivers license are correct and, if you find any mistakes or an alteration in the address or name, you must immediately notify the person who issued the license.
- The IDP must be sought at the time of application in the destination country. It is not valid to replace the regular driver’s license.
- Date of birth, country/town
- Email address
- Gabon Drivers license number
- Gabon drivers License issuing authority
- Type of vehicle
- Date of departure
The Document is required International Driver Permit
- International Driving Permits are accepted in over 160 countries, and are required in over 80 countries. The same document, Gabon Driving Permit is accepted throughout 160 countries, and is compulsory to drive within Gabon that has an international driving .You could apply for one-year or five calendar year International Driving Permit for ordinary drivers.
- Different countries have different rules for driving legally on their roads. Therefore, you must verify the requirements for a driver’s license before you decide to travel in Gabon.
- It is the International Driving Permit is recognized in Gabon in January 2009 and must be utilized in conjunction with your foreign drivers license. The international driving license in Gabon is translated into two official languages: English in addition to French.
Information that could be helpful
- After you have been granted an Gabonese visa, you’re allowed to travel freely throughout Gabon. If you’re travelling south through Gabon to get to Congo, Gabonese visas require that you stop and sign your vehicle in Ndende, the city of Ndende located on the Tchibanga route south towards Congo.
- Medical insurance is not mandatory to travel to Gabon however the consular department advises that you carry an evacuation medical (medevac) coverage plan throughout your trip. If you need minor surgery or Western medical attention, Gabon (and many of the countries that you’ll be visiting) will offer limited medical services.