Apply for Marine Mammal Export License In Bahamas By Online
- To apply for a Marine Mammal Export License in person, the applicant needs to go to the Department of Marine Resources in the home state.
- Contact information and address are listed in the “Office Location and Contacts” Section.
- Visit the office and obtain an application form to obtain a Marine Mammal Export License from the appropriate department.Or it can be downloaded here: Link
- Fill out the application form by providing the correct information in the relevant sections. Sign it after you have completed it.
- When you have completed the application form, ensure that you’ve uploaded all the documents mentioned on the “Required documents” section on this page.
- Then, hand this in person in the appropriate office.
- Pay the fee required.
- Permits will then be given to the applicant within five days.
Required Documents Apply for Marine Mammal Export License
- A completed application form.
- The Veterinary Health Certification.
- An import approval must be obtained from the country of the destination.
- Export permits in accordance with the Animal Health Act.
Office Locations and Contacts
Department of Marine Resources
East Bay Street
P.O. Box N-3028
Nassau, New Providence
Tel. (242) 393-1777
Fax. (242) 393-0238
Hours of operation: 9:00 am until 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
for Family Island Residents: Link
Criteria for eligibility to go through the procedure is to meet
- Evidence that the marine mammal is able to be legally brought into the country of destination.
- The evidence suggests that marine mammals are healthy.
- The evidence that exports of marine mammals is approved by the Animal Health Act.
The fee applicable is BS$100.00
Documents to Utilize
Application Formula: Application Link
- The license is available within five working days..
- Name of the Applicant
- Telephone number
- Marine mammal type or marine product that is proposed to be imported or exported
- Name and location of the facility in which the marine mammal product will be exported or imported
- Import/export purpose of the marine mammal/marine mammal products
- Method of transportation and the method by where the marine Mammal product will be imported or exported
- Port of entry where the marine mammal or marine mammal product is going to be exported/imported
- Signing of the Applicant
The Document is required
- The Marine Mammal Export Permit is required to permit to export any marine mammal out of The Bahamas.
- Go here to find out more information.